Bucks Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
annual1

Bucks Review

Post by annual1 »

My daughter narrowly missed out on passing the 11 plus exam, she has a heads recommendation of 1:1 and the head strongly supports her, as does her class teacher. She achieved a 5C in maths and reading and a 4a in writing at the end of year 5. We have very strong extenuating circumstances, which I will inbox you with. I need advice on going to review, which I will detail in the message I send to you. Thanks
Etienne

Re: Bucks Review

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)
annual1 wrote:My daughter narrowly missed out on passing the 11 plus exam, she has a heads recommendation of 1:1 and the head strongly supports her, as does her class teacher. She achieved a 5C in maths and reading and a 4a in writing at the end of year 5.
That sounds fine, provided most of the head's 1:1 recommendations qualified.
We have very strong extenuating circumstances, which I will inbox you with.
We're very sorry to hear what a difficult time you've had.

We'd recommend a maximum of one side of A4 for your written submission.
On the whole you shouldn't have to write too much.
The evidence of academic achievement and extenuating circumstances ought to speak for itself.

If there's insufficient room on the summary sheet, the headteacher could always write a separate letter of support.
However, according to the Headteachers Manual, "the Word template boxes can expand to incorporate longer statements of support".

With regard to KS2 predictions, the vagueness of "above expectations" is likely to be a problem for everyone!
Review panels will probably look to see what the rate of progression has been since KS1.

Feel free to include the last school report, but only if it adds weight to your case.

Hope this has covered most of what you wanted to know.
If anything has been missed, please post your questions here rather than in an email.
Etienne
annual1

Re: Bucks Review

Post by annual1 »

Thanks very much for your advice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now