Enquiry Meetings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Moatmum

Enquiry Meetings

Post by Moatmum »

Has anyone managed to gather any useful information from the Enquiry Meetings that have taken place this week? Any interesting statistics ....... In catchment passes ??
Good3boys

Re: Enquiry Meetings

Post by Good3boys »

For the boys in catchment for Southend and westcliff, yet again they have said 303 guarantees a place in one of the two schools.

Both schools are continuing with the extra class like last year, so all good for local boys.

Hope that helps reassure someone xx
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Mr Bevan at SHSB is the Head that usually shares all the relevant statistics. He is the chairman of CSSE.

If you attend the meeting today do post how many i/c boys got the magic 303. Toadmum will know how this compares with previous years.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

:lol: [quote="Blitz"]Mr Bevan at SHSB is the Head that usually shares all the relevant statistics. He is the chairman of CSSE.

If you attend the meeting today do post how many i/c boys got the magic 303. Toadmum will know how this compares with previous years.[/quote]

:lol:
ToadMum will have to look back at previous years' posts to check, but the figure of 234 (or 236?) for boys last year springs to mind, as I remember thinking that it was very close to the available spaces (leaving out Tommy More / Shoeburyness / Cecil Jones).

Did Westcliff Boys add another class as well last year? I thought it was only SHSB and WHSG for the current year 8 and year 7 and Southend Girls this year 7?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

As an aside, have just remembered that DS2 will be 'helping' at SHSB. He will be the one with rather unruly straight, blondish hair, who will probably only want to tell you how great it is to be a library helper and how wonderful the new library will be in the new block they are going to build on the year 7 playground :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

ToadMum wrote:As an aside, have just remembered that DS2 will be 'helping' at SHSB. He will be the one with rather unruly straight, blondish hair, who will probably only want to tell you how great it is to be a library helper and how wonderful the new library will be in the new block they are going to build on the year 7 playground :lol:
My DS will also be helping...he's the blonde boy and if you're lucky he'll have two socks on (doesn't always happen!!!)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
ToadMum wrote:As an aside, have just remembered that DS2 will be 'helping' at SHSB. He will be the one with rather unruly straight, blondish hair, who will probably only want to tell you how great it is to be a library helper and how wonderful the new library will be in the new block they are going to build on the year 7 playground :lol:
My DS will also be helping...he's the blonde boy and if you're lucky he'll have two socks on (doesn't always happen!!!)
If yours has got cross-country as well this morning, does that affect the odds?

I think DS2 had some kind of games on the morning of KS3 prizegiving. Weirdly, his hair was so tidy in the afternoon that I failed to pick him out at all from the balcony :lol:
Kace

Post by Kace »

My ds is helping, too, and was most impressed by the fact that their maths IAR test got moved to Friday as a result! Blonde, too, but usually with both socks on (despite cross-country :wink:).
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

ToadMum wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:
If yours has got cross-country as well this morning, does that affect the odds?

I think DS2 had some kind of games on the morning of KS3 prizegiving. Weirdly, his hair was so tidy in the afternoon that I failed to pick him out at all from the balcony :lol:
Oh boy! Yes he has cross country today too which means he will look even more dishevelled than normal....let's hope he gets his shirt on right side out!!
cuppa-t

Post by cuppa-t »

Hi, the Headteacher at SHSB said today that 209 in-catchment boys passed. He said that his school was first choice last year for 205 i/c boys. Do you think it's safe to assume that my son, I/C with a score of 211, will achieve a place at shsb. Whsb isn't on our list so it's our only grammar choice. Many thanks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now