Allocation Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scatshouse

Allocation Letters

Post by scatshouse »

Hi,

My son came home from school today and said his teacher has marked the class calendar for March 1st as the day allocation letters are to be sent out.

Has she made a mistake? Or does this mean we would receive them on the 3rd?

Has anybody got actual confirmation of the date we should receive them? I'd geared myself up to receiving them on the 4th. (I know it's only a day different, but it counts!). If not I'll phone admissions on Monday and ask.

Thanks in advance.

Scatshouse.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hi Scatshouse (think I got it right this time),
My daughter's letter from her school said that they would be posted out on 3 March to be received by 4 March. I think they normally post them out on the first working day of March so I suppose in past years this has been March 1 but not this year.
We have a leap year this year too so yet another day to wait!
tryingtostaycalm

Post by tryingtostaycalm »

Hey some of us have birthdays on 29th February! This is the only time I have waited four years for a proper birthday then wished it wasn't a Leap Year as it means an extra day waiting! :?
tryingtostaycalm

Post by tryingtostaycalm »

Hey some of us have birthdays on 29th February! This is the only time I have waited four years for a proper birthday then wished it wasn't a Leap Year as it means an extra day waiting! :?
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Oh well!, looks like it is going to be the 4th then :evil:

I was hoping for a miracle and that we would get them on the Saturday, so that we'd have the weekend to digest the information, especially if it wasn't what we wanted to hear.

What would be so bad about them posting results on the Friday??
Wallasey

Post by Wallasey »

Or preparing them on the Friday and someone getting half an hour's overtime on the Saturday putting them in the post box!
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

scatshouse wrote: What would be so bad about them posting results on the Friday??
But that's no fun Scatshouse!
If they can make you wait an extra day why shouldn't they? :twisted:

Didn't you know that the law says: Parents should be the last to know anything about there children. (Unless there is a fine involved, then you should know, but only so you can pay!)

I really do feel for you guys.. :cry:

AM