Loughborough, Leicestershire

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mum2Nicole

Loughborough, Leicestershire

Post by Mum2Nicole »

Does anyone have any experience of applications to Loughborough High or Our ladies convent? Unsure of the standard expected for 11+ or any other advice? Also possible scholarship or bursary help?
Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Loughborough, Leicestershire

Post by hermanmunster »

I had some experience but it is about 10 years old! Convent was easier to get into than the High school. All the kids I knew who took the convent exam passed it though some didn't get the high school. Many who got the High school also got Trent and Nottm High.
As for bursaries and scholarships - I think the scholarships tend to be relatively low percentages. Sorry not sure about bursaries.
Mum2Nicole

Post by Mum2Nicole »

Thanks for your reply I had come to the same conclusions myself with a little research but am unsure how accurate it was. Not many options in this area, with two other children to drop off at school locally my options are limited. I have no idea how bright a child needs to be for a place, no information or standards/levels to be found?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

has your child's current school got any experience of children going to the convent or the high ? if so they may be able to help with standards.

there are some other options (with bus services) - Trent / Ratcliffe / Nottingham - I know some chidren who got assorted scholarships at Ratcliffe and Trent but they were not large amounts and he children went to Loughborough High instead.