Transfer to IC from OOC for NONSUCH

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
curiousman

Transfer to IC from OOC for NONSUCH

Post by curiousman »

We are in OOC of NONSUCH and want to move IC. The deadline of 31st October for catchment is extremely difficult. I wonder if we can move sometime before March such as in January and reapply in the council.

What has been experience of people changing catchment between November and March.
suremum

Re: Transfer to IC from OOC for NONSUCH

Post by suremum »

hello, it's too late to move into IC, I don't think you can change once submit the form? I might be wrong, i would call the sutton council first.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

curiousman wrote:We are in OOC of NONSUCH and want to move IC. The deadline of 31st October for catchment is extremely difficult. I wonder if we can move sometime before March such as in January and reapply in the council.
If you reapply, your application would be termed late and would only be considered after all in time applications have been considered for the first round of allocations.

Best is to check with Council if they allow to change the address. I believe some councils do allow change of address or accept applications from late movers upto mid December. But you need to check with the relevant Councils.
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

Sutton council say they will accept a new address up to 10th December but you have to move permanently and have all the documented proof of that move in time to submit it before December 10th so realistically a move completed by the start of December would be the needed
This is stated in their transfer to secondary booklet but of course you absolutely should double check with them that this is the case as it would be awful to go to all that effort for nothing. All councils have cut off points beyond which a move in to catchment won't allow you to use that new address for March allocations only for waiting list options after March.