New grammar school annexe for Medway?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Woodham

New grammar school annexe for Medway?

Post by Woodham »

It was reported in The Telegraph that as a result of the grammar school annexe at Sevenoaks being approved by the Education Secretary, Medway Council may now attempt to take advantage of the ruling by opening a grammar school annexe within their unitary authority.

I have noticed there is no boys equivalent to Fort Pitt Grammar School (which only admits girls between Years 7 - 11):

Fort Pitt (girls) / No boys equivalent;

Rochester Maths (boys) / Rochester Grammar (girls);

Chatham Grammar Boys / Chatham Grammar Girls;

Rainham Mark (mixed);

Will the new grammar school annexe in Medway be a boys school? Which school could run it?

Does anyone know any further details about the grammar annexe that Medway Council are planning?
PettswoodFiona

Re: New grammar school annexe for Medway?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Not from Medway but have been following the WOK annexe closely. The key thing about the annexe is that to be seen as an annexe it has to have the same make up as the main school so it is a genuine annexe rather than a new school, the latter not being allowed. On that premis the only way they could get a boys annexe is if your boys existing grammar created an annexe.
jdwarwick

Post by jdwarwick »

There is no need for a grammar school within Medway as two of the existing grammar schools don't fill to capacity as it is.
jd
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Hello, just out of curiosity which 2 Medway Grammar Schools do not fill to capacity? Chatham for Boys has been mentioned. Not sure of the 2nd one. Thanks.
didledad

Post by didledad »

The school is Chatham Grammar School for Girls; 66 places offered on national offer day in 2015, out of a PAN of 142.
My research this year still leads me to conclude the school is an excellent educational establishment. However, my daughters preference lies elsewhere.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now