CCHS and WCHS, same exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Red rose

CCHS and WCHS, same exam?

Post by Red rose »

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you could help me with this. Does CCHS and WCHS share their results or do the child has to sit for 2 different exams to apply for these 2 schools?
When we had been to the open evening at CCHS, a staff did mention that they share the results but now, one of our friend has made their daughter write both the exams on the same day morning and afternoon (WCHS in the morning and CCHS in the afternoon). She has come out with good ranks on both these schools and the results has been sent from both the schools separately.
I am totally confused. Please help.

Thanks
Proudmumregardless

Re: CCHS and WCHS, same exam?

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Which cchs are you talking about? If colchester then yes it's the same csse exam, if Chelmsford then no its two separate exams
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Proudmumregardless wrote:Which cchs are you talking about? If colchester then yes it's the same csse exam, if Chelmsford then no its two separate exams
Redrose is talking about Chelmsford and Woodford I believe, there's discussion about this somewhere else and I believe the answer is that it's one exam and results are shared because CEM rules state that you can only take the test once, if you take it more than once then only your first score will count.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
Proudmumregardless wrote:Which cchs are you talking about? If colchester then yes it's the same csse exam, if Chelmsford then no its two separate exams
Redrose is talking about Chelmsford and Woodford I believe, there's discussion about this somewhere else and I believe the answer is that it's one exam and results are shared because CEM rules state that you can only take the test once, if you take it more than once then only your first score will count.
Possibly the OP wasn't impressed with my response to her posting on the other thread :?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Red rose

Post by Red rose »

Proudmumregardless, It's about Chelmsford and Woodford.

Toadmum, this thread was the one I initially posted but since didn't get any reply had to post it on the other active thread that's where I got your reply :)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Red rose wrote:Proudmumregardless, It's about Chelmsford and Woodford.

Toadmum, this thread was the one I initially posted but since didn't get any reply had to post it on the other active thread that's where I got your reply :)
Apologies, I hadn't noticed that this one predated the other :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Red rose

Post by Red rose »

No worries Toadmum :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now