Langley - 111 and Local Admissions Area (SL3 7)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11plusconfused

Langley - 111 and Local Admissions Area (SL3 7)

Post by 11plusconfused »

Hi,

my daughter passed slough with 111 and we live in the Local Admissions Area (SL3 7) for Langley grammar.

Langley school told me that she has a very good chance as I meet criteria a + b

a) Eligible applicants with a permanent home address [See notes (c) and (d)] within the
school’s Local Admission Area.
b) Eligible applicants with a permanent home address [See notes (c) and (d)] within the
school’s General Admission Area who are in receipt of free school meals at the closing
date for submission of the Common Application Form [See note (f)]

Now I'm hearing that on the open day, the headmaster said that only 30 places will be offered to Local Admissions Area and the cut of will be around 117.

This is not what Langley admissions officer said to me the other day. :-(

anyone help?

thanks
11plusconfused

Re: Langley - 111 and Local Admissions Area (SL3 7)

Post by 11plusconfused »

Is there a cut off score of Langley Grammer 2016 admission?

If so, when Is it revealed? After the the Caf is submitted?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - not an area I am totally familiar with but have found this thread which lists the cut off scores for the last few years. These tend to be calculated at the time of the allocations in March when it becomes clear who has a been given a place etc

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the oversubscription criteria are as follows:
To resolve issues of oversubscription, the School operates a Local and General Admission Area
as described in the notes [See note (b)]. Where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the
number of places available, places will be allocated according to the oversubscription criteria
below. In all cases, students must have taken the Consortium 11+ tests and achieved equal to
or higher than the eligibility score of 111.
a) Eligible applicants with a permanent home address [See notes (c) and (d)] within the
school’s Local Admission Area.
b) Eligible applicants with a permanent home address [See notes (c) and (d)] within the
school’s General Admission Area who are in receipt of free school meals at the closing
date for submission of the Common Application Form [See note (f)]
c) Up to 5% of places will be allocated to eligible applicants with a permanent home
address [See notes (c) and (d)] within the school’s General Admission Area who
demonstrate aptitude and ability in music as measured by the school’s assessment
procedures.
d) Eligible applicants who are children of permanent members of the School staff who have
been continuously employed by the school for a period of not less than 2 years prior to
the closing date for applications.
e) Eligible applicants with a permanent home address [See notes (c) and (d)] within the
General Admission Area, in rank order of performance in the admission examination.
f) Eligible applicants who live outside the General Admission Area, in rank order of
performance in the admission examination.
Note (f) mentioned in relation to FSM above =:
f) Parents wishing to have qualification for Free School Meals considered as part of the
admissions process must be able to demonstrate that they are in receipt of Income Support;
Income Based Jobseeker Allowance (IBJSA); Employment & Support Allowance Income
Related (ESA(IR)); Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; Child Tax
Credit (TC602) provided the annual household income does not exceed £16,190; or the
Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit (M1000 Award Notice)
Might be best to have a chat with the admissions officer again, they will have the full details.
sking

Post by sking »

Criteria b (free school meals) is higher than criteria e (rank order of performance) therefore if you meet criteria b you will get in whatever your score (as long as it is over 111). That's how I read it. The only way the score might come into play is if they can fill all their places with children on free school meals - which is extremely improbable - and that is the tie-break criteria.
srusid

Post by srusid »

11plusconfused wrote:Hi,

Now I'm hearing that on the open day, the headmaster said that only 30 places will be offered to Local Admissions Area and the cut of will be around 117.

anyone help?

thanks
My wife had attended open day and never mentioned this cap of 30 places for local admission area.Moreover I think admission policy is quite clear about eligibility of pupil from local admission area...Any such significant point needs to be mentioned in the policy( It cannot be verbally mentioned ).

So I think all 111+ in local area will be considered first...( unless proved wrong ).
Newbie121

Post by Newbie121 »

srusid wrote:
11plusconfused wrote:Hi,

anyone help?

thanks
My wife had attended open day and never mentioned this cap of 30 places for local admission area.Moreover I think admission policy is quite clear about eligibility of pupil from local admission area...Any such significant point needs to be mentioned in the policy( It cannot be verbally mentioned ).

So I think all 111+ in local area will be considered first...( unless proved wrong ).

Policy does not say only X number of kids from local admissions, nor does it say a certain percentage will be allowed. So in theory, all the places can go to local admissions and non left for the general admissions area!
11plusconfused

Post by 11plusconfused »

Thank you for your replies.

As there are top scorers in the general admissions area higher than 111, the only chance she has getting in is because of criteria a and b provided there is no cut off score being introduced for local admissions area which was what the admissions officer said to me. :?: