CAF help / advice please!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mani123

CAF help / advice please!

Post by mani123 »

Open days done, order finally sorted - my son loved Dartford above all so putting it first - I had a slight preference for BGS (slightly closer, less travel time/tiredness, more local friends perhaps) BUT as OCC we're out of their usual range at 3.8miles and missed top 180 by 6 marks (243). I initially thought it would be worth putting BGS 1st to request place on waiting list if unsuccessful - but DS has made clear Dartford is his preferred school so sticking with that 1st, BGS 2nd, and Beths 3rd.
DS also did better in his Kent test with 400, which i'm told is a good score, going by last's years intake anyway (cutoff was 369) - and meeting a yr7 child we knew at the open day who lives near us (Blackheath/Kidbrooke) and gets the train along with other Dartford boys, I feel more confident about the journey than before. (He was also very positive about the school overall).
My CAF question is whether I need to add DS selective test details? We come under Greenwich and I assume they will put it to the local authority concerned (Kent, Bexley) with each school, and they in turn will check if he's selective, score etc. But is it worth entering the details anyway, to leave less to chance/admin errors? (I'm feeling less than confident after a call to Greenwich and being told - by someone new i'm sure - that they don't deal with grammar schools in the SCAF! I did, gently, set him straight and advised he double check with manager but still...)
Also what other details would you think important in the additional info box? Languages spoken at home (other than a MFL), special interests/abilities?
First time DIY parent here - and most other parents at DS primary a little scornful of selective schools, so i've not had much access to info. (It feels like such a sensitive topic as they have older children at the local comp and seem to see it as a slight to their choices). I'm wondering if more experienced parents would care to share their insights? Many thanks in advance!
dwisdom

Re: CAF help / advice please!

Post by dwisdom »

you don 't need to add the scores - it is a federated system ; Kent will check the scores and distance on your behalf. Greenwich will verify your home address
mani123

Re: CAF help / advice please!

Post by mani123 »

dwisdom wrote:you don 't need to add the scores - it is a federated system ; Kent will check the scores and distance on your behalf. Greenwich will verify your home address
Thanks dwisdom - that was what I was hoping. Do you add anything else about school preference in additional info? We have no medical/social reasons. Or is that box just there for special circumstances e.g. if applying to a faith-based school, or if single-sex vs mixed was a particular concern, as it may be for some?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now