Urtgent help!!!Travel Birmingham Hall Green to Walsall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salmom

Urtgent help!!!Travel Birmingham Hall Green to Walsall

Post by salmom »

Hi All

In a dilema as DC likes QMGS :shock: and just wondering if there are children doing this trek Brum to Walsall. I would welcome some advice and experiences. Apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere . I would welcome link if that is the case. Thanks
quasimodo

Re: Urtgent help!!!Travel Birmingham Hall Green to Walsall

Post by quasimodo »

salmom wrote:Hi All

In a dilema as DC likes QMGS :shock: and just wondering if there are children doing this trek Brum to Walsall. I would welcome some advice and experiences. Apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere . I would welcome link if that is the case. Thanks
The Green Bus for the school the 851 begins in Edgbaston.Its a heck of a journey to even get to Walsall in the rush hour traffic.What are your alternatives?
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

If you can drive and start early enough - that is doable.

The main thing to avoid is the queue at Junct 2 Oldbury. Its about 35-40 mins by car, to upper forster street. Perhaps 10 mins more to QMGS

The other option is train from Rolfe street which goes I think at 8.13, but is a bit unreliable. Always getting delayed to ensure the virgin trains are on time. I suspect from Edgbaston it a bus to new st and then train as the fast test way
WindowGlass

Post by WindowGlass »

Sorry but that' s a really long journey - Even by train ( which I think tends to be quicker).

Would be two differents lines, walking between two different stations and still some walking on top.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

The problem you also have is that QMGS is not in the town centre and is quite a walk so if you can get a school bus it might be best.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

A car share group would significantly reduce costs and make it workable
salmom

Post by salmom »

Thanks DPs ( Quasimodo, WindowGlass, petitpois & firsttimemum ) He just seems to be adamant about QMGS. Alternative is BV but that also seems to be another trek!! He is not keen on HGs or KEA.
Thanks
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

salmom wrote:Thanks DPs ( Quasimodo, WindowGlass, petitpois & firsttimemum ) He just seems to be adamant about QMGS. Alternative is BV but that also seems to be another trek!! He is not keen on HGs or KEA.
The sensible decision would be KE Aston but some parents do travel to BV from your part of the world.

My dd is currently taking 90 minutes by school bus albeit temporarily for a 60 minute 7 mile journey.Its tiring and I feel it dropping her off for the bus stop at 7.15.Think carefully.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Green Girl

Post by Green Girl »

This site isn't perfect but it's often a good starting point for public transport. Looks like it would be about 1 hour 20 mins (did this from Hall Green Church which sounded central) options on buses or trains.
http://jp.networkwestmidlands.com/centr ... anguage=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Green Girl you are a scholar and Lady.

I have just worked out the fastest routes and times for

QMHS
WGHS
KEVIHS
KECHG

Brilliant little tool. Minimum 1 hour by bus or train, there from where I live, but at least I have the detailed info at my finger tips
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now