Predicted AQS for Warks GS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pegtastic

Predicted AQS for Warks GS

Post by pegtastic »

Just wondered based on the information garnered so far on the scores and rankings, and also from those who have been through this many times before, what everyone here predicts the AQS will be for each of the six GS?

Obviously, it goes without saying this will all be just speculation - we really won't know until next March.

I noticed on the B'ham forum they have done something similar, and thought we could too. Plus its all gone a bit quiet on here. ;-)...

My predictions are as follows (and I really am clueless as I have never been through this before so please feel free to tell me how wrong you think I am)

KES: 235 (WL: 232)
SGGS: 224 (WL: 220)
AGS: 220 (WL:218)

LSS: 214 (WL: 210)
RHS: 210 (WL: 208)
ASH: 212 (Wl: 209)
JamesDean

Re: Predicted AQS for Warks GS

Post by JamesDean »

Those are big leaps, Peg, but I'm not saying you're wrong! Scores in the 220s that would have been comfortable (certainly for AGS and Shottery) for the last couple of years, look distinctly borderline this year in S Warks! I can definitely see KES going into the 230s ...

JD
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

I agree Jamesdean, it is a hike, but looking at the rankings I can't help thinking it has to be quite a jump from last year - particularly for southern GS.

Unless the schools heavily take into account the fact that a substantial number of children will choose other schools (eg. independant / Bham GS) when setting their AQS, then looking at the bunching of scores this year, it can only go up.

I hope I am wrong though - for us personally, looking at the rankings my DS is actually borderline with a score of 224 - but his ranking is 168 (shared with 10 others).

Like I said I am only guessing - am interested to see what other people predict.
Eagle88

Post by Eagle88 »

My guess is 224 for SGGS and 222 for AGS based on the rankings :shock:

With my DD at 220 (rank 202 with 10 others in Southern Girls) it will be a nail-biting wait for us ...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

JamesDean wrote:Those are big leaps, Peg, but I'm not saying you're wrong! Scores in the 220s that would have been comfortable (certainly for AGS and Shottery) for the last couple of years, look distinctly borderline this year in S Warks! I can definitely see KES going into the 230s ...

JD

Agreed...I can easily see KES at 230 (which covers rank 115) or 231 (rank 106) which gives an allowance for up to 10 PP as well (based on a finger in the air and that ranks around 125/126 on offers day have been seen in the last couple of years. 232 (rank 97) or 235 (rank 79) seems slightly high - although, if there are a lot of high scoring OCC candidates that they want to capture in the second round offers, anything is possible! I can't see the waiting list score being below 228, though. I'm not sure there will be too much difference between Shottery and Alcester Grammar this year, due to the bunching of scores - this might be the year that AGS overtakes Shottery, depending on preferences (partly because, KES is so tight, that "high" boys scores will tie up spaces in AGS.)

But I don't know...I am just guessing!
twincamturbo

Post by twincamturbo »

pegtastic wrote:Just wondered based on the information garnered so far on the scores and rankings, and also from those who have been through this many times before, what everyone here predicts the AQS will be for each of the six GS?

Obviously, it goes without saying this will all be just speculation - we really won't know until next March.

I noticed on the B'ham forum they have done something similar, and thought we could too. Plus its all gone a bit quiet on here. ;-)...

My predictions are as follows (and I really am clueless as I have never been through this before so please feel free to tell me how wrong you think I am)

KES: 235 (WL: 232)
SGGS: 224 (WL: 220)
AGS: 220 (WL:218)

LSS: 214 (WL: 210)
RHS: 210 (WL: 208)
ASH: 212 (Wl: 209)
I haven't really studied the scores and rankings in detail for southern area, but on the eastern area the rankings and scores are not dissimilar to last years, so I can't see that sort of hike in the eastern schools AQS. For instance I know the S/Score of 210 this will be rankings 93 and n below for RHS. Now why would they set an AQS at around 75% of PAN, I personally don't think the AQS will change much from last years!
ASH could well go up depending on applicant numbers, as there are limited places!. LSS will be similar to last years aswell
Gav123

Post by Gav123 »

I can't really comment on the southern schools as I'm in the eastern area, but I would be surprised if the AQS jumps dramatically from the last couple of years for LSS, RHS and ASH.

A score of 215 for an eastern boy ranked him 80th this year out of all eastern boys and so an AQS of just under that is unlikely in my opinion, given that they take 120 boys.

Maybe that is just my wishful thinking though, given that my DS scored 210, which would have been comfortable in the last couple of years but is far more borderline this year! I don't think the scores are as bunched in the eastern area as they seem to be in the south - and of course there are fewer dcs who took the test in the east.

As you say though, we won't know until March...the wait continues! :?
lar0202

Post by lar0202 »

If it helps, my DS scored 234 and was ranked 84, with 7 others on the same ranking. That's in the Southern Grammar Circle. He's hoping for KES.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

I have been in touch with WCC with regards to rankings and potential changes due to various factors and they have said that they expect the AQSs to be similar to the last two years - in my mind this could mean a point or two move from last year.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Bect1969 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

I don't know if this helps predicting AQS but the standardised score this year was out of 279 (I don't know if this is the same for everyone, not sure if the total takes account of age etc or just the score attained).

I got this by adding the total attainable for NV and maths then dividing by 2 and adding it to total attainable for verbal.

2 years ago when other DS took exam the total was 307 and AQS for KES I think was 227.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now