Order of preference on application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scouselova

Order of preference on application

Post by scouselova »

I am applying to both poole and bournemouth fore my boy. We. Are out of catchment for both. As such more likely to get into BS. If I put Poole first and he doesn't get in there does it impact if he will get offered by BS?
ToadMum

Re: Order of preference on application

Post by ToadMum »

scouselova wrote:I am applying to both poole and bournemouth fore my boy. We. Are out of catchment for both. As such more likely to get into BS. If I put Poole first and he doesn't get in there does it impact if he will get offered by BS?
The short answer is,'No' :) . Schools do not know where you ranked them, they just accept or decline (so to speak) requests for a place entirely according to their published admissions criteria.

Have a look here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 04#p539462
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No. If you don't get your first preference school, that will fall off your application, and BS becomes your new first preference. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Rule: ALWAYS put schools in your real order of preference.

(x-post with TM)
scouselova

Post by scouselova »

Thanks both
Apa

Post by Apa »

Hi

I have already filled caf form but just one question.

I have placed a church school as my 3rd option but I haven't filled out SIF form. The reason being is that I can't find it on bournmouth council website or the school website either. And the other reason is that I am sure I will get my first or second choice and will not have to use the third choice.

Do you think I should fill out the SIF form. Anyone have the link.
Please let me know.

Thank you.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Apa wrote:Hi

I have already filled caf form but just one question.

I have placed a church school as my 3rd option but I haven't filled out SIF form. The reason being is that I can't find it on bournmouth council website or the school website either. And the other reason is that I am sure I will get my first or second choice and will not have to use the third choice.

Do you think I should fill out the SIF form. Anyone have the link.
Please let me know.

Thank you.
Unless there is only one faith school in your LEA, so people in your area will know where you mean anyway, it might be an idea to say which school?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Apa

Post by Apa »

The school I am talking about is The Winchester of bishop
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Apa wrote:The school I am talking about is The Winchester of bishop
It's listed as The Bishop of Winchester Academy. The link to the 2016 / 2017 Admissions Policy, which includes a copy of the SIF, is on here (page 4 of the list of schools, if the right page doesn't open):

http://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/ChildrenE ... GoToPage=4

I didn't look at the details, though, so don't know when you have to get the form back to the school.
Apa

Post by Apa »

Thank you so much for the update and yes sorry for getting the wrong name.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Apa wrote:Thank you so much for the update and yes sorry for getting the wrong name.
You're welcome - I'm just an incurable Elephant's Child, so I thought I'd have a look :lol: . I was flummoxed to start with, not seeing it on the list, but then remembered that our neighbouring LEA has a habit of calling its schools 'The......School', so mystery solved.