Midyis

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quasimodo

Midyis

Post by quasimodo »

I went with youngest dd to a parents evening where we met a couple of subject teachers and had a slide show from a form tutor, hers being off ill and frankly didn't learn anything new. But yesterday dd turned up with her results from the midyis, the band category and the schools expectations on progress at KS3 in each subject.Also attached was a regression analysis in the subject areas for a previous cohort.It was our task to discuss this with our dd and set the attainment targets that we wanted our child to be aiming towards.Frankly I didn't understand what we should be doing and have simply set the targets at the levels that have been produced.My dd didn't want to be put under any unecessary extra pressure and nor are we used to these endless targets.
What is clear to me is that her targets have been influenced by her poor vocabulary which the school are providing extra lessons to assist her.We are very relaxed my own english naturally improved from the age of 14 onwards and my eldest dd also had extra vocabulary lessons at her previous school.
Should we being setting any different targets to the expectations the school have produced ?
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Re: Midyis

Post by quasimodo »

http://www.cem.org/attachments/publicat ... ooklet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
DC17C

Re: Midyis

Post by DC17C »

The way I read it - it should be up to the school to be setting the targets- I'd perhaps contact the form tutor for a chat - it is shame you got this after parents evening.