New Head of DCGS announced

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sally-Anne

New Head of DCGS announced

Post by Sally-Anne »

This has been sent to me this evening:
Appointment of Headteacher
It gives me great pleasure to announce the appointment of Mr David Atkinson to the position of Headteacher of Dr Challoner's Grammar School following completion of a rigorous selection process conducted with fellow Governors over the last few months. David was educated at Reading Blue Coat School and is a graduate of Hertford College, Oxford. He will be known to you already as our current Deputy Head. David stood out in a strong field of UK and international candidates. He demonstrates the academic abilities and personal qualities needed to take on the demands of headship, possessing the communication skills, calmness and balanced perspective needed to lead an outstanding school. He enjoys the respect, confidence and trust of the staff at Dr Challoner’s, embodies our values and has
dedicated his entire career to the provision of a great education for our boys. David has been at the forefront of innovation and creativity in learning at the school, with a tangible impact on the development of Learning @ Challoners. He has made a highly influential contribution to the academic attainment of pupils at Challoner's over a number of years. Prior to becoming Deputy Head, he was Assistant Head and Director of Sixth Form. He counts among his many achievements the creation of our new Sixth Form Centre and Milton Library which opened in 2013. He joined the school originally as a Geography teacher before becoming Head of Geography, Careers Education and Guidance Co-ordinator and Assistant Director of Sixth Form. On his appointment Mr Atkinson said, "I am thrilled to have been appointed as the next Headteacher of Dr Challoner's and to have the privilege of leading our exceptional school through the next phase of its history. I look forward to working with our fantastic staff and students to make sure that our community goes from strength to strength in the coming years. Our students have the potential to make a positive difference in our society in the future and I want to make sure that we equip them with an education that enables them to do so." I know I speak on behalf of the governing body when I say how excited we are to make such an excellent appointment. We look forward to working with David Atkinson in the years ahead. He has the qualities we are seeking to build on the achievements of Dr Fenton over the last 15 years. David brings to the role a passion for learning and excellence in teaching essential for the continuing development of Dr
Challoner’s Grammar School as one of the UK’s leading schools in today’s rapidly changing world. His
appointment is effective from 1 September 2016.
Yours sincerely,

Jane Penton Chairman of Governors