Warwickshire Standardisd Score Breakdown

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Kalasn

Warwickshire Standardisd Score Breakdown

Post by Kalasn »

Hello, would anyone in Warwickshire mind sharing their score with me and how this broke down, my DD score 208 as follows:

NVR - 107.64
N - 96.25
VR - 106.24

May appeal as numeracy should have been the highest but not sure it is worth it.
C2SMum

Re: Warwickshire Standardisd Score Breakdown

Post by C2SMum »

Hi, do you mind me asking what your school preference is?

my dd's were:

NVR 111.2/147.45
Maths 112.76/134.21
VR 93.52/138.43

Score 206

Really pleased with her Maths and NVR but now we've had time to think about the results and look at her school reports and previous work, we aren't sure what happened with her VR - the appeal forums on here are full of great advice so maybe take a look at those.

I did note in some areas they have a 'Review' option as well as an appeal, do we have that??
Kalasn

Post by Kalasn »

We've put AGS but know this will not be offered. Yes likewise score isn't reflective of school reports and feedback etc. Appealing is offered as he has to be, but from what I have read is rarely successful. We won't be in waiting list either so appeal is unlikely to work.
Janeymorris

Post by Janeymorris »

You can ask for your test to be remarked and I believe you used to be able to see your paper with a head teacher and warms person ( but not sure if can still do this since CEM ) tests. Speaking as a teacher, the problem with many clever children in maths is, under pressure they don't read the question, for example, a question that states there are 10 books in a pile and each book is 3 cm thick, what is the distance between the 1st and last book, many children will instantly put 30 cm and come out saying maths was easy, many will take longer and get answer right or will have practiced this type of question with their tutor (so prepared for it even if not overly clever on maths), likewise the verbal reasoning a cloze test may say he reached the s..m.t of the mountain, but under pressure puts summet, they get no marks even though new the word. Many many clever children do not get the score they deserve on the day due to luck of the questions, more tutored kids who have practiced up to 4 or 5 papers a day, silly mistakes, pressure etc. Its not always fair and probably best to move on and watch them get a string of As in whatever school they choose if they are bright kids.
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

Hi Kalasn,

My DS scored 224, broken down as follows:

NVR: 101.30
NUM: 107.81
VR: 119.63

We are hoping for AGS, and his strengths (VR) did seem to be reflected in his score, mainly because he is such a prolific reader.

Not sure if that's any help to you.xx
Kalasn

Post by Kalasn »

Thanks you so much, if nothing else it's interesting to see how the scores breakdown. I'm not sure if it helps, but really interesting. The results this year are not going to be remarked, we did ask and they said that they had run consistency checks completed papers against the marks provided and no issues were found. We are concerned only concerned as DD advised that 5 answeres were rubbed out and re-entered as they were put in the incorrect boxes due to the new format that needed to be completed this year. Not sure if the computer read them correctly but we will never know.
C2SMum

Post by C2SMum »

Yep, think you're right Janey, sometimes they have a good day, other times not so much. I have taken your earlier advice and really started promoting our other option (we're lucky in that our local school is really good too)!! Not sure what we'll do come March if DD just misses out and is offered the second choice as by then she really might not mind, will cross that bridge when we come to it! :D
Jason Orange

Post by Jason Orange »

Janeymorris wrote:You can ask for your test to be remarked and I believe you used to be able to see your paper with a head teacher and warms person ( but not sure if can still do this since CEM ) tests. Speaking as a teacher, the problem with many clever children in maths is, under pressure they don't read the question, for example, a question that states there are 10 books in a pile and each book is 3 cm thick, what is the distance between the 1st and last book, many children will instantly put 30 cm and come out saying maths was easy, many will take longer and get answer right or will have practiced this type of question with their tutor (so prepared for it even if not overly clever on maths), likewise the verbal reasoning a cloze test may say he reached the s..m.t of the mountain, but under pressure puts summet, they get no marks even though new the word. Many many clever children do not get the score they deserve on the day due to luck of the questions, more tutored kids who have practiced up to 4 or 5 papers a day, silly mistakes, pressure etc. Its not always fair and probably best to move on and watch them get a string of As in whatever school they choose if they are bright kids.
With the new testing procedure it's very unlikely there would be any change to a child's score following a re-mark. I'd also say there is no chance whatsoever of seeing a test paper. Answer sheets maybe, but that's about it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now