Response from Warks Admissions re last yrs rankings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pegtastic

Response from Warks Admissions re last yrs rankings

Post by pegtastic »

Hi everyone, I wrote this on a post yesterday but felt it warranted its own post.

I bit the bullet yesterday and emailed Warks Admissions regarding the rankings that correlated with the AQS for last year. I got this response the same day:

The lowest score offered Alcester Grammar School for 2015 entry on national offer day was 210.

The ranking for all children residing in the South Priority Circle with this score was 711 out of 1127 (with 26 others on this same ranking).

The ranking for boys residing in the South Priority Circle with this score was 234 out of 556 (with 6 others on this same ranking).

Please note that, due to the shared test with the Grammar Schools in Birmingham, many of the children contained within the overall ranking numbers either may not ultimately preference a Warwickshire grammar school and/or will reside outside the priority areas.

Therefore for those residing within the priority circles, the 'in area' rankings alongside your child's score will be a more reliable indicator when making an application.

I did only ask about AGS, but obviously they are happily disclosing this information if you wanted to ask them about the other GS. Hope that helps done people who felt they were borderline!
kenyancowgirl

Re: Response from Warks Admissions re last yrs rankings

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I've said this on your other post but, my understanding is that the sentence "Therefore for those residing within the priority circles, the 'in area' rankings alongside your child's score will be a more reliable indicator when making an application" is referring to the rank score for (in this case) boys residing in the Southern Priority Circle...this is the "more reliable indicator" (alongside the score)...

The rank score for the (gender of your child) in the Southern Priority Circle has always been the most reliable indicator as it only includes those who will be considered in the first round of offers if they apply to a school in the SPC...The full ranks will contain B'ham kids who are just after more information breakdown, however. (i.e. I'm not sure anything has changed...but maybe I am missing something!!)
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

I agree Kenyan, personally - I'm more interested in the boys only southern priority with regards to gauging DS chances, it looks promising for us. It's also good to see last years figures correlating with the 2013 ones that okanagan supplied.
Jason Orange

Post by Jason Orange »

As indicated above, ranking within priority circles have always been the most useful. The overall rankings are now so diluted with Birmingham kids that for most people they won't be of any help and are perhaps even misleading for some.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now