7+ Preparation

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

masari_pirates

7+ Preparation

Post by masari_pirates »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips on preparing for the 7+ exams - books, websites? When should one starting? What level should DC be?

Many Thanks
ToadMum

Re: 7+ Preparation

Post by ToadMum »

masari_pirates wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone have any tips on preparing for the 7+ exams - books, websites? When should one starting? What level should DC be?

Many Thanks
You will probably get more information if you try posting in the Independent Schools section.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If you would like this thread moving to the Independent section rather than starting a new thread there, let us know.
masari_pirates

Post by masari_pirates »

Yes would appreciate if the thread got moved to the independent section. Many Thanks
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

DD sat for a local selective independent for entry at Y3. All the parents were stressing about whether their child would get a place whilst in the lobby area and asked me which tutor I had used and I said none and they looked at me like I was on another planet and then looked relieved that perhaps their DC was thus more likely to get a place. We did NO preparation whatsoever as we didn't know we needed to make the change until the last minute and DD was one out of a large number who sat to get offered a place. The test was only a part of it she spent the other half of the day in a classroom being an ordinary child in school and the feedback was how well she slotted in and the intelligent questions she asked and how she helped some of the less able ones in a science project. All without any preparation. each school is different though. I would say if you did want to prepare then confidence and core skills like writing and solid maths are a good focus but as to what resources I wouldn't be able to recommend but wanted to post something to say that for the bright and able child a lot of preparation isn't always essential.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now