Oversubscription as well as non-qualification

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bigbirdcw

Oversubscription as well as non-qualification

Post by Bigbirdcw »

Hi

I am busy putting together an appeal for my DD2 who did not achieve the level required in her 11+ exam (I refuse to say "failed"). She therefore has no chance of being offered a place in the allocations.

If she had achieved the required level she would have been guaranteed a place in the allocations round due to the schools sibling rule. She missed by only a couple of age standardised points.

Do I need to appeal against over subscription as well as non-qualification? Or would it be sufficient for the appeal panel to be satisfied that the standard should easily been achieved by my DD and therefore should have a place given.

I have academic evidence, extremely strong backing from her primary school and mild extenuating circumstances which were not taken in to account in the scores provided.

I can obviously give reasons as to why I'd like DD2 to attend the school and have evidence that they have taken above PAN in previous years. Was just wondering how much I would need focus on this aspect.

Many thanks
Guest55

Re: Oversubscription as well as non-qualification

Post by Guest55 »

Welcome -

Have you read the Q and As?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My understanding is that you need to prove academic standard and also address over-subscription. Make sure both are covered in you 'evidence'.

Do ask if you have more questions :)
Bigbirdcw

Post by Bigbirdcw »

Yes, I have thanks, many times, and probably had come to the conclusion that I would have to cover the over subscription route as well.

Just thought I'd ask the general population of this forum, with their collective wisdom, as I guess that most non-qualification appeals are for where a place would not have been guaranteed if their DS/DD had achieved the standard.

Regards
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

That is one of the points you can make in the oversubscription part - it's very common in Bucks where there are clear catchment areas.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now