Oxford interview video

Discussion and advice on University Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Warks mum

Oxford interview video

Post by Warks mum »

This has just been tweeted by a physics professor at Oxford who will be interviewing this month so I guess he considers it's reasonable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYhF8B0pbM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited to remove a stray apostrophe :oops:
Last edited by Warks mum on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Re: Oxford interview video

Post by ToadMum »

Warks mum wrote:This has just been tweeted by a physics professor at Oxford who will be interviewing this month so I guess he consider's it's reasonable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYhF8B0pbM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The link took me to a girl called Danni who was being interviewed for Philosophy - have I gone wrong somewhere?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

That's correct - the link was tweeted by someone who conducts interviews at Oxford (albeit in a completely different subject) so I thought it was worth passing on. It's effectively been sanctioned as a true record of one person's experience of the interview process. Everyone's experience will be different, but I thought it might be useful for those whose DCs are embarking on the journey!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Warks mum wrote:That's correct - the link was tweeted by someone who conducts interviews at Oxford (albeit in a completely different subject) so I thought it was worth passing on. It's effectively been sanctioned as a true record of one person's experience of the interview process. Everyone's experience will be different, but I thought it might be useful for those whose DCs are embarking on the journey!
Ah, I obviously misunderstood - from your original post, I assumed that it was going to be some poor Physics applicant being given what appears to be a hard time :shock: . I can't help thinking, though, that I would worry just a little if an interviewer's response to something I'd said was, 'We didn't think you'd say that'!
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx