NLCS exams on 7th of Jan

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
grammar2012

NLCS exams on 7th of Jan

Post by grammar2012 »

Looks like the NLCS exams are being held in two different slots on the 7th of Jan.

Anyone else got an email with details? We r in the late 300s and wondered what is the last candidate number this year?
nyr

Re: NLCS exams on 7th of Jan

Post by nyr »

DD, who's in the early 300s, is in Group 2 and has to be there before 9:30AM. I wonder when Group 1 start.
CARINGMUM2015

Post by CARINGMUM2015 »

Likewise, we are in Group2 and start at 9:30.

It will be interesting to note how many girls sat the exam last year and which paper did they find hard. With the introduction of a new English format, wonder how girls are preparing for persuasive writing.

DAO- are you training your girls for section B qs? Any hints and tips will be appreciated.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The four dds who got a place all found the format quite straightforward and really enjoyed doing the persuasive writing. The comprehension was easier than the papers used for preparing for DAO. It is not at the level of Jane Eyre, The Pearl or Jamaica Inn.

Timing is important as students tend to get carried away on one question and do not leave enough time for the next.

Any student that can get a place at DAO with a mark in the 70's and above in the Engish paper is working at the correct level for NLCS. All of the students who got DAO also got NLCS and some who did not get DAO got NLCS.

Half who got it turned it down for Habs.

I love their format and their sample paper and wish they would put last years past paper up as the Consortium do.

I am confident the dds I know will do well this year. DG
sunandcloud

Post by sunandcloud »

My DD is in group 2 no. early 500.
So I assume more than 5** candidates.

S&C
Last edited by sunandcloud on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyr

Post by nyr »

I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers. Many girls will try for several schools, receive several offers but can only take up one place. Then there are parents like us, who've applied purely because DD is doing the HBS exam on the 6th so she might as well do the NLCS exam on the 7th.

nyr