11 plus Catchment Verification

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11plus2015

11 plus Catchment Verification

Post by 11plus2015 »

Hello, does anyone know if the School/ Council do any physical verification of residence. I and my husband travel a lot and so many times, atleast during days, no-one is around. Nobody will answer the doorbell that time. Anyone knows any anecdotal evidence of this happening?
J50

Re: 11 plus Catchment Verification

Post by J50 »

I think they would only do more checks if there was cause for suspicion. For example if parents' names weren't on the electoral register at their given address etc. They do have a team that carries out checks on people trying to beat the system and cheat others out of a school place - as you would expect they work hours outside of the daytime since most people are out of the house all day.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

When the big school lottery program was on a few years ago, they showed some of the admissions team in Birmingham making evening visits to houses. I don't think anyone would expect people to be home during the day. The main thing they are looking for is actually the child in question living at that residence, as that is what is important.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Any one genuinely living in the catchment area should need not worry, whether the address is checked during day or evening or during week end. Credit search of parents would reveal lot of information to LAs.
doodles

Post by doodles »

tiffinboys wrote:Credit search of parents would reveal lot of information to LAs.
I don't think that they could do this without your permission.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Where they doubt, they could ask for authorisation.
11plus2015

Post by 11plus2015 »

Thanks all for reply. The issue is both of us have to sometimes stay out of town during weekdays returning on weekend. My child then stays with childminder who often takes her to her own place when she has multiple children under care.

Document checks will come out all fine, since we do not receive any bills anywhere. (as far as I am aware, we have not mentioned office address for any bills)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now