SIMS learning gateway -CCHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ahap

SIMS learning gateway -CCHS

Post by ahap »

Does anyone have any problems each time they try to enter their child's dashboard?

I have been having problems with this every time I try to enter. It is a requirement that the password needs to be changed every 180 days, and the password cannot be the same one as the one you had before. But this is becoming a bit frustrating. I can understand the safety issues behind it, but it is a bit difficult. Hours trying to see your child's report on a computer system that has a mind of its own is difficult. It is after much help from the ict dept that I am able to go into it. But I couldn't see what I wanted to see last time even after the ict help. I was able to get in but there was nothing on the page. What could be the problem with my password? I do enter a capital letter, a symbol, simple letters more than 6.
But it keeps stating

'You could not be logged on to Forefront TMG. Make sure that your domain name, user name, and password are correct, and then try again'.

I also get this after trying to change password.

'Either the user name or old password is not valid, or the new password does not meet the minimum complexity requirements. Please try again.

Your password has expired and must be changed. Please change your password now'.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
ahap

Re: SIMS learning gateway -CCHS

Post by ahap »

Phew!!! It is working now.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I have had the same problem for the last 18 months. Even with the correct password, the dashboard is blank or won't load. DD gets to see TA data first at school so takes a photo of it on her phone.
ahap

Post by ahap »

DD writes it in her HW diary and I am able to see her levels but not as detailed as you would get on sims with any teachers comments.

It is not working now.
dez

Post by dez »

Teacher's reports are only available at the end of the each academic year. TA1, 2 & 3 only indicates your DD's current levels, any celebrations or concerns. In TA3 at the end of Year7, all DDs will be set a end of KS3 (Year9) targets for each subjects.
dez

Post by dez »

SIMS learning gateway does have log in problem occasionally so don't worry and just try to log in again at a later time. :D
talea51

Post by talea51 »

This happened to me too. I was using Internet Explorer. Didn't have problems using Chrome though. Try a different browser.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Firefox is the culprit. Don't know why I go back to it, I had so much trouble trying to get in to the Essex LEA website three years ago with this browser trying find out the allocated school. The firefox icon looks nice though on the screen.