Parmiters query

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
target2016

Parmiters query

Post by target2016 »

Trying to understand how seats are filled at Parmiters.

So, total seats ~220

Those we know numbers for:
1. Proximity, 10% ~ 21
2. Academic, 25% ~ 52
3. Music, 10% ~21

The above three make up for 94.

Remaining are 126, which are filled from
4. Looked after children
5. Sibling
6. Medical

Any ideas to what sort of numbers 4,5,6 above would typically make?
And if they don't make 126, how (basis) the remainder is filled?

Thanks
fiate2000

Re: Parmiters query

Post by fiate2000 »

Wrong region.

SW Herts forum - http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Wrong region.
I've moved this thread to Herts. South West
plantagenet

Post by plantagenet »

This page on their website gives the breakdown from last year

http://www.parmiters.herts.sch.uk/admis ... sfer-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They have 206 places not 220. DG
Turboless

Post by Turboless »

Any left over places after adding medical, siblings, etc. then go to location.

21 are guaranteed on location (10%) but this usually increases. Last year there was a huge amount of siblings so it only increased by 3 but in previously years it's increased by around 15. If you look at the stats page you'll see that last years distance was a lot less than previous years (due to extra siblings), which meant we didn't get my ds in on location 948m... Luckily he got in on exam :)
target2016

Post by target2016 »

According to their website, the number of siblings last year was 104.

Any reason you think this was huge? Not sure whether there are any stats for previous years?

Apparently the local council has just cleared a huge housing project quite close to the school. In the next few years the distance might close at 300m :roll:

Interestingly a friend of mine mentioned there is a local parent group which has started an "initiative" to report any temporary renters. It seems people rent properties just for the school and then move back to where they came from. Disgusting :shock:
Mrs_HF

Post by Mrs_HF »

My daughter did not get a place at Parmiters in September and we live 956m away. She did however get a place at Queens on academic. It has turned out to be the best thing that ever happened for her, she is really happy and doing very well academically. We are very happy with the school and tbh she now says she is glad she is not at Parmiters even though she could walk to and from school rather than have to leave the house at 7.30am every morning to catch the school bus!
My advice to anyone is don't put all of your eggs in the Parmiters basket, sometimes things happen for a reason xx
target2016

Post by target2016 »

Glad to hear that! I have indeed heard a lot of good things about Queens school. Personally, I too liked the feel of the school. Very friendly and students look genuinely happy. Either they get to play a lot (and less studies!) and/or the teachers are doing a fantastic job of making study hours a lot of fun :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now