Question to Patrica

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Question to Patrica

Post by Guest »

From the website I have worked out you are the guru on VR. Could I please ask you a some questions, as I am following your advice on which papers to do.
Should we always do the multiple choice questions or should we start off with the standard format and move to multiple choice nearer the time ?

Secondly could you give a rough schedule as on we should start the nfer papers ?

Regards
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

There are enough multiple choice papers on the market, so I would not bother with standard form.

The tests are in October so I would leave NFER till September, but, ensure you practice HIKNOS questions along side, types of questions as identified by IPS

Immediately prior to NFER, use Susan Daughtrey [Bright Sparks] these papers 'look' very similar to NFER and the real thing.

Patricia

PS....never been called a guru before!!!

Thanks to Patricia

Post by Guest »

Thank you very much for your advice - I definitely would call you a guru on VR - as you help out so many stressed out parents like me !

Regards

Guest :)
sav

Post by sav »

I have said time and time again .....vocab is the biggest problem on the Bucks 11 plus......

1] read, read and read [ out loud to an adult]......

Hello Patricia,

Please can you suggest a reading list to build vocabulary?

Thanks.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Sav

No, I do not have a recommended booklist, one of my fads, I truly believe its a personal choice, all children are different and enjoy different styles. I always suggest a visit to the library/bookshop with your child and let THEM choose, more likely to read/enjoy if they have chosen themselves

Should they pick a book, that in your opinion is too easy, point them in the right direction :wink:

Patricia
sav

Post by sav »

Hello Patrcia,

Thanks, will carry on with the books currently reading.

Regards,
Sav.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Sav

If you are short of ideas for new reading material there was a useful set of posts on this under "11+ Subjects - A Good Read" a while back.

Sally-Anne
sav

Post by sav »

Thank you Sally-Anne. I have just spent an hour trying to find -

"11+ Subjects - A Good Read"

I am finding it difficult to find this. I have checked under 11+ subject VR. Do you remember where this might be?

regards, Sav.

Post by Guest »

Dear Patricia

I understand that you are a tutor and was wondering whether you actully post your details on this site. I would like to get in touch with you in view of you tutoring my child for 11+ next year.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

I have made the conscious decision not to take students from this forum. All my students come to me by word of mouth.

I am, of course, very happy to help you via this forum, I found the this site at the end of last year, by accident, discovered that a 'load of rubbish' was being posted about the Bucks test, just HAD to reply.

I now regularly post to help, in the main, Bucks children get through the 11 plus, it's perfectly possible for parents to teach their children, as long as you know the correct material to buy.

Any questions please ask

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now