KES exam 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

firsttimermum

KES exam 2016

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi,

Just trying to collect some energy to tackle the last phase of the 11 plus journey for us. DS3 successfully got through the KE exam. He hasn't (rightfully so !) done any prep since the exams in September. However with the start of xmas holidays we are going to try and attempt a little revision and prep for the KES exam.

I have a basic idea of what is expected, however need a little guidance in some exam practise. Could anyone please direct me in the right direction ? Maybe post some links to what is available.

Much appreciated

FTM
firsttimermum

Re: KES exam 2016

Post by firsttimermum »

noboy has any advice ...really ???

Or has everybody sitting this year just run out of steam..prob busy with the festive period !!!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

firsttimermum wrote:noboy has any advice ...really ???

Or has everybody sitting this year just run out of steam..prob busy with the festive period !!!

I think the KEHS exam support thread answers much of your questions.It was a few threads below your posting here is another link.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=44327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

I think we ran out of steam for KEHS. We will still have a go. Regardless, wishing this forum a great new year. A big thanks for the advice and views, which have been enormously useful and very well articulated by many.

Pp
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Could anyone whose child has sat the KES exam in the last year or sitting this year advise when KES ask for the school reports, is it before the exam or after?
My DS sat it 4 years back and they asked for projected levels a few weeks after the exam, however a couple of parents have advised that their schools have already received requests.
I don't think my DS2 school has received anything as of yet but will double check with them tomorrow, i cant really see KES asking for 700+ reports at this stage so unsure if this is true.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Good luck for all those parents and boys who are sitting the Kes exams tomorrow.I think most people are quite relaxed about the exams.I know my bother in laws eldest son has been as has the son of a work colleague.None have been going out of their way to do any extra preparation other than the work done at school and their weekly tutors.Once those three one hour papers in Maths,English(comprehension and imaginative writing) and verbal reasoning are out of the way they can relax and enjoy the rest of the year.
On the issue of school reports none of the parents have mentioned hearing any requests made yet.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Shnshn

Post by Shnshn »

bluejay - our sons primary school received a request for a report about 4 weeks ago.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Shnshn wrote:bluejay - our sons primary school received a request for a report about 4 weeks ago.
Thanks Shnshn And Quas for confirming this.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Happy New Year all!

We ran out of steam too but DS sat the exam yesterday anyway. As we hope we are going to KES Stratford, we didn't feel the pressure this time. Also doing the Solihull exam next Sat and then it is all over for us. Good luck to those who are sitting more exams
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

I believe the late sitters sat the KES exam today, so i think its OK to discuss how the DC found it now!
My DS said it was Ok. Comprehension was quite difficult and he missed 4 questions out. VR was fine. Maths was not too bad, however the last section was very difficult.