Postal confirmation ontime/late letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Very Confused

Postal confirmation ontime/late letters

Post by Very Confused »

Hi
Has anyone else got any strange late application letters- We submitted a Dr's letter proof of residency as well as a council tax bill by the deadline and have a copy of our sent email proving it was on time. We have had a letter with another childs name on today and our address saying we are late, and then a second letter with a second childs name on and a different address behind ours- We are unsure what's going on and the office doesn't open until Monday...Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so was it resolved easily?
I am worried as we never had postal conformation that our letter was on time.
guest201

Re: Postal confirmation ontime/late letters

Post by guest201 »

We received a letter a while ago saying that our proof of address was satisfactory. Today we have received exactly the same as you. A letter with another child's name but our address and behind that another letter with a different child and a different address, the letter says the application is late because proof of address hasn't been submitted, or is not satisfactory. I think I will phone on Monday to see what has happened.
Very Confused

Post by Very Confused »

Hi
Thanks for your reply - We will ring on Monday as well. Please keep us posted- I will be glad when this whole application process is done as this is our first time, and it seems to be sent to test us... :x
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

It sounds a bit like a 'mailmerge malfunction' - is the other child's surname close to yours alphabetically? No ideas about the two letters in the same envelope, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It sounds like a monumental c*ck up to me!!!! Data Protection anyone?!
lar0202

Post by lar0202 »

We also received two letters yesterday. One with another child's name, but our address, the other addressed to another child at another address. The contents were the same - confirmation that your application is late. I had a small panic before realising our child's name was on neither piece of paper.

It does look like administrative error, but it is concerning.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

When I first got the letters I presumed it was someone using our address fraudulently, then I noticed the other letter behind it, don't really know what to think now. An administrative error is the obvious answer, but how can they have mixed up addresses and names. What will happen on offers day? whose letter will we receive?
Rugbylady13

Post by Rugbylady13 »

I got exactly the same, two letters neither in my DD name but one with our address and one with a different address. I have had my confirmation letter that my proof of address was satisfactory. I was going to call Monday but will hold off as it looks like they may get inundated on Monday!!
guest201

Post by guest201 »

spoke to admissions this morning, they couldn't really explain what had happened were very apologetic said it was possibly a mail-merge error, they confirmed that my sons details were correct in the system. Fingers crossed they don't have the same problem on offers day!!
lar0202

Post by lar0202 »

Following on from my earlier message about receipt of these letters. I called the Admissions office today who confirmed that our application was on the system fine, that the letters had been sent to us in error and that I should shred the two letters I received. They mentioned that a letter of apology had been posted yesterday.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now