Not long now until March 1st!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Colcmum

Not long now until March 1st!

Post by Colcmum »

Anyone else nervously waiting?

Almost all of DDs classmates are definitely heading to the local feeder secondary, she has visited it with her class who are very excited about their future there. DD is feeling unsettled because she doesn't have the same certainty and she'd just like to know what's going to happen. I am unsettled because I just WANT TO KNOW! I feel like I have been waiting for years (which in some respects I have).

DD has asked to continue some of the things we were doing for the 11+, she has developed a real interest in language and vocabulary - so I guess even if we don't get what we what as a school, then the whole process hasn't been completely in vain! :lol: She is signed up for a free creative writing group/book group as well at her request, even though she wouldn't previously do afterschool clubs.
SlighlyStressedMum

Re: Not long now until March 1st!

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

Yes! Not so much nervous but more fed up waiting and just want to know! Luckily (?) the kids in ds' school are likely to be spread between 3 local secondary schools or the grammar schools so it's not so much an issue that everyone else is heading elsewhere. I just want to know though!
Colcmum

Post by Colcmum »

Good to know that I am not the only one ready for March 1st! It's about five weeks isn't it? Three secondary schools sounds better than this situation here. Whilst I am a little worried about DD being possible the only one to go the grammar from her school, I was also very slightly concerned about her going on to secondary with 29 children whom she has known since 5 ( and hasn't always got on with). It's nice to have a chance to reinvent yourself a bit.

I will be so glad when it's all over with and I can start fretting about something else, like new school uniforms and starting a new school. Not looking forward to doing it all again with the next child, but it won't be for a few years thank goodness.
SlighlyStressedMum

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

I know! I have 2 more kids to go although I don't think the middle one will do the 11+ and the youngest doesn't start infants till September so I have a while!
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

I'd quite like to be able to hibernate until all this waiting is over! :lol:
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Two-at-once

Post by Two-at-once »

Just realised we have an extra day to wait this year because of leap year! I'm trying to be patient and philosophical but not always succeeding.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Two-at-once wrote:Just realised we have an extra day to wait this year because of leap year! I'm trying to be patient and philosophical but not always succeeding.
Except last years results came out March 2nd.xx
Colcmum

Post by Colcmum »

It's the final countdown - less than a month to go.

I am also failing at patient and philosophical.

We can view the school result online on the admissions application, someone told me it was from midnight on the 1st March. Does anyone know if that is true? I had a quick look but I'm probably missing something as I couldn't see a time.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Colcmum wrote:It's the final countdown - less than a month to go.

I am also failing at patient and philosophical.

We can view the school result online on the admissions application, someone told me it was from midnight on the 1st March. Does anyone know if that is true? I had a quick look but I'm probably missing something as I couldn't see a time.
In Southend we only acquired this facility sometime between DD and DS2 (2012 and 2014 entry); I was under the impression that our neighbours in Essex CC had already been able to do it for a while by then.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Colcmum

Post by Colcmum »

Thanks Toadmum. Do they put the results up at midnight or 9am like the 11+ results were?