St Albans High School for girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
strevs369

St Albans High School for girls

Post by strevs369 »

Does anyone know how many girls were invited back for an interview and how many girls they make offers to?

And when we might find out?
evernight111

Re: St Albans High School for girls

Post by evernight111 »

I've only just started looking at this eleven plus thingy site, but it strikes me that's it's full of people like me: desperately seeking more knowledge (which generally boils down to: is my child clever enough? who're they up against? did s/he get into his/her school?) but scared to share any. I conclude this by looking at the number of views your question got. Presumably only parents wondering the same will have clicked on it. But none of them said a thing...it's interesting how behaviour that in real life is weird is ok on the internet. Anyway, I and the only other parent/girl I know applying haven't heard yet...but I'm sure when people do this place will be full of announcements and carefully worded commiserations with comments like 'right for your child' and 'was off-colour that day'. Hopefully this doesn't sound angry; just find the way whole slowly-evolved codes of behaviour vanish instantly when anonymity is granted quite illuminating. So good luck to your girl! She at least has an honest parent, which already puts her miles ahead of at least 100 other applicants in my book, whatever the outcome.Cxx
examprepper

Post by examprepper »

I am not sure that is what you can infer for everyone...

I for example went through the the 11+ last year for my DS. I have provided info where I could this time round as I found the site really helpful last year. My DD is in yr 5 so we are in the midst of preparation but still a year off. I am interested in all the indies near us and read all the posts as we haven't even registered yet, but I don't have any info to impart on girls schools as yet...

I am sure there at plenty of others like me who are not in the right zone this year but are still interested.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I do have this year's figures so will post them later but last year 300 applied and 200 were invited for the group interview.

The preps do not come for the interview and they will take 40 odd of the 100 places so there are 60 places available.

St Albans is a backup for many hoping for Habs/NLCS and waiting to hear about Parmiters, Watford Girls, St Georges, Roundwood, Beaumont, Sandringham, DAO, HBS and Latymer so around 150 offers will be made for the 60 places.

Last year the offer/rejection envelopes arrived on the morning of Friday February 13th. DG
avidskier

Post by avidskier »

We went for the interviews on Monday and are due to hear back by post by next Friday 12th of February. The school wrote that they would send the letters out first class on the Thursday. However I am hopeful that they will do the same as previous communications in that they will email on the Thursday and then send a hard copy out the same day.
I hate the wait!
Good luck to your daughter!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They don't email out offers. The envelopes will be sent (as they stated)by First Class post Thursday night and will hopefully arrive Friday morning.

Good luck to all those waiting. I know of two dds who did not get offers on the first cut but were phoned up in March with offers once the state school allocations came through so all is not lost if there is no offer next Friday. But I would advise you to contact the school by phone and in writing to confirm that you would like to be on the waiting list and would accept a place if offered. DG.