Chances of an offer

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Vollen

Chances of an offer

Post by Vollen »

Hi all - my younger DD is waiting to hear from Francis Holland and Queens but didn't get an interview at CLSG - we know from the feedback from City that she came roughly in the middle in the exams although we think she probably did a bit better on the other consortium exam . Does anyone have any experience of getting an offer from other schools after not getting an interview at others ? I guess most of the schools broadly offer to the top 100-200 but what about everyone else ? I assume most of those top girls will go to CLSG / NLC etc so what happens to the next group - do they get offers ? Any feedback appreciated - thanks
Daogroupie

Re: Chances of an offer

Post by Daogroupie »

This is the second year that NLC has not been part of the consortium though many dds will also sit their exam and Habs.

City is the top band school now that NLC has gone.

How did your dd find the new English format?

I feel it did probably result in less interviews as it was easy to misunderstand what you were being asked to do.

How did the interviews go? How did she find the papers? Did she do many past papers?

She reached the academic standard for interview so that is encouraging.

If she does not get offers make sure you write a personal letter to them saying how much you like the school and how you would accept a place if offered. DG
Vollen

Post by Vollen »

Thanks DAO - i think the new format may have suited her - and from what I can tell she gave some reasonable answers to the non creative section

Francis Holland and Queens both interview everyone so no clues there but they seemed to go well - I felt like we were the only state primary entrant in the waiting room but maybe that's no bad thing

I think she'll have a nice school report the interviews went well but she won't be in the top third exam wise would be my guess . My oldest is at CLSG so younger DD is naturally feeling the pressure .
Last edited by Vollen on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny67

Post by Jenny67 »

We are waiting to hear from the same schools as you. A bit similar situation with older DD in CLSG and younger DD feeling the pressure. She was interviewed at CLSG, but it didn't go very well. I didn't think the interview at Queens went well either.

I have a feeling your advice will come to good use, DG. :(