Reliable Mock Test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
satish

Reliable Mock Test?

Post by satish »

Hi could anyone suggest any good place for Mock Test in BUCKS?
kittymum

Re: Reliable Mock Test?

Post by kittymum »

The one they do in the school on the Tuesday :D - seriously it's the only one my children did - I genuinely don't hold with the whole mock industry!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I don't think any of the ones advertised for other areas are suitable.
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

The Flying Start ones are good in the Summer and they post you the paper with answers etc so you can go through them. Also the *** Advertising Censored *** ones which my DD said were the closest to the real thing.
ConfusedAylesburyMum

Post by ConfusedAylesburyMum »

We also used Flying Start for mocks and found them very realistic with good feedback. You can also book a session for someone to go through the results with your child.
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

How come we can say Flying Start but not *** Advertising Censored ***?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Because one has never blotted their copybook on here and the other one has. (You can PM me if you want confirmation of that - post the name with random characters in-between the letters.)

Flying Start is well-regarded in South Bucks as a very professional tutoring business.
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

I'm intrigued and confused and have just pm'd you. :)
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

I think you should also do some 'mocks' at home with the CGP Test Packs - I think if memory serves there were 3 packs and each pack had two full mocks. I spread them out over the year but did most on the run up (2 months) to the exam. The important point is to go through them thoroughly afterwards so they learn from their mistakes. Also get your DC to look up and write down in a word list all the words they have not understood. Go through the comprehensions thoroughly too - they have very good explanations in the answer booklet. I think where the tutoring isn't always consistent and successful is that some of them do not go through the work afterwards. Also the mocks are great for improving timing.
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Also the CGP 10 minute mini test books were great for the summer holidays. Again go through each one following the marking of the tests. First Past The Post were fab also - esp. Comprehension and Cloze.