Review/Appeal information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lioness

Review/Appeal information

Post by lioness »

My DD got 117 in the 11+.

We are hoping to go down the route of a review/appeal. Her teacher says she would thrive in a GS and we are meeting with the HT to discuss this.

What sort of questions should we ask the HT? What documents if any should we request to help us build our case?

Any help or advice will be appreciated.
natnats

Re: Review/Appeal information

Post by natnats »

Have you considered applying In Year. My DD just missed out on her Essex 11+ and we put her down for an in year application and she took the entrance exam last week and has just been offered a place to start after half term at our first choice grammar. You could appeal and put her down on school's waiting list for in year admission as well
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

natnats wrote:Have you considered applying In Year. My DD just missed out on her Essex 11+ and we put her down for an in year application and she took the entrance exam last week and has just been offered a place to start after half term at our first choice grammar. You could appeal and put her down on school's waiting list for in year admission as well
I may be wrong but I don't think Bucks works this way. I think you 11+ score stands for the whole of year 7 unless you are deemed qualified via review / appeal. For entry into year 8 you would need to qualify via the 12+.

Sally Anne's thread at the top of the page contains loads of useful information. Have a read of that and I'm sure the folk on the Appeals forum will be able to guide you through the process.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

kittymum wrote:
natnats wrote:Have you considered applying In Year. My DD just missed out on her Essex 11+ and we put her down for an in year application and she took the entrance exam last week and has just been offered a place to start after half term at our first choice grammar. You could appeal and put her down on school's waiting list for in year admission as well
I may be wrong but I don't think Bucks works this way. I think you 11+ score stands for the whole of year 7 unless you are deemed qualified via review / appeal. For entry into year 8 you would need to qualify via the 12+.

Sally Anne's thread at the top of the page contains loads of useful information. Have a read of that and I'm sure the folk on the Appeals forum will be able to guide you through the process.
The exception being rgs when it has spare seats due to drop outs it does in year admission tests.

The most important thing to ask is what her prediction was, 1:1,,2:1, 1:2 etc and essentially how many with your childs prediction did actually pass, they are reluctant to share this info, but put the pressure on as bcc will know, so why shouldn't you and you would have to know in the event of an appeal. Also clarify her grades/achievements since key stage two and the end of key stage one (hopefully level 3 as seats were used then) and check for any anomalies or glitches and make sure you know why they occured. Check predicted year six achievements are what you anticipated and ask why if not.
Good luck x
lioness

Post by lioness »

Just wanted to share the news. Our Selection Review was successful.

Thank you all for your advice.
Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Well done! Must be a great relief for you. A friend of mine had good news too. Fingers crossed for others waiting :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now