Size of Envelope??

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
asha

Size of Envelope??

Post by asha »

It is such agony waiting for the letters. From previous experience, does any one know whether an offer is sent in an A4/Manila Envelope? Does a slim envelope mean bad news?

Thanks!
BUCKSH

Post by BUCKSH »

Offers we had & some friends who were not so fortunate;

Good news = A4 envelope
Bad news = small envelope (including rejection & Waiting list)

Seems like universal rule so far -- Good Luck!
herewegoagain

Post by herewegoagain »

Yes, agree with this. We'll be hoping for big envelopes on 22nd Feb! I think a small one almost certainly means bad news.
Guest1107

Post by Guest1107 »

Experience last year from three independent schools -

1 large A4 size, 2 small...all of which were offers including an unexpected scholarship offer in the small envelope. So all I can say to all those waiting, my thoughts are with you over the coming days till next Friday. Good Luck!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hi there,
Which schools were they?
I am waiting for Aldenham.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

We applied to two independents and received an offer from both. One (Rugby) was a thick A4 envelope. The other (Warwick) was a thin small envelope. I hope this helps.

Post by 1401 »

We have been through this twice now - we have found that its not down to size of envelope but thickness of the envelope. On the whole the thicker the envelope the better the news !!!
zorro

size of envelope

Post by zorro »

This time next week we will all be looking out for the postman! I don't know if I can stand another week!
My son will be here when letter comes cos it's half-term so won't have time to compose myself. Ah well what will be will be-nothing we can do about it now. Think positive!
At least the bags under my eyes may start to subside! Anyone else forgotten what sleep is?
moved

Thick envelope, B5 size

Post by moved »

We were waiting for our envelope for two weeks, our current headmaster had asked several times as he had the sign writer in for the scholarship board at school. When the thick envelope arrived I guessed we had an offer, it still took a few minutes to open as my hands were shaking and then reading it was also difficult. The whooping from my son confirmed the thickness of the envelope. Good luck next week.