Godolphin or Latymer Upper

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kitsilano

Godolphin or Latymer Upper

Post by Kitsilano »

My daughter has been offered places at these 2 schools and I am struggling to choose between them. She is very bright and articulate but with somewhat slow processing (both schools gave her extra time in the exam). She may need some support with managing time and note taking going forward. She is a bit of a dreamer, very kind and gentle, not especially cool, a bit on the sensitive side, above average sports wise but not amazing. She's had a bad experience with a disruptive group of boys at her prep so is favouring the all girls option but I'm not convinced it would be best for her in the long run.

Any advice or experiences?
mad?

Re: Godolphin or Latymer Upper

Post by mad? »

Well congratulations to your DD, you can't really go wrong with either.. Nothing much between them, I have friends with kids in in both who consider kids in the other 'too cool' so that doesn't help. I guess it comes down to co-ed or single gender. IMO boys change and can become grounding in a competitive world. Also, life is what it is and the sooner one gets used to having them around and considering them just normal human beings the better. Good luck either way.
mad?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Is the journey about the same to both? My comment would be that Latymer upper seems to be harder to get into than any of the consortium schools so perhaps is more academic? I don't see anyone on here reporting not getting into Godolphin but plenty not getting to interview at Latymer and others getting to interview and not being offered a place. DG
mad?

Post by mad? »

Also, consider what you thought of their learning support departments at the open day.
mad?