Mock exams CSSE

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ayesha11

Mock exams CSSE

Post by ayesha11 »

Hi,
Can anyone recommend any mock test providers for the Essex CSSE exam and any recommendations for any holiday revision courses will also be really appreciated it my son is in year 5 and we are DIY prep so far.

Many thanks
Ayesha
Sarahleah

Re: Mock exams CSSE

Post by Sarahleah »

Hi Ayesha,

I am also interested in information about mocks and summer courses. My DS is in year 5 and will be sitting the exam in September. I hope we get some replies. The Essex section seems quite quiet. I don't know why that is. I would have thought by now lots of people's DCs would be preparing and therefore more discussions would be going on here.

Sarah
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

Hi Sarah,
Will forward you any info I receive, how is the prep going for you which school's are you trying for?, I just find it really difficult to get my son to sit down to do any work, we have been working on his maths with bond online and bond books and he has really improved but unfortunately it now seems his English work has suffered because of it so we are trying to do more work on that now.

we are hoping for Westcliff my other son just started there this year.

Best wishes,
Ayesha
Sarahleah

Post by Sarahleah »

Thank you. We are hoping for CRGS. My DS is also better at maths compare to the English. I think most children generally find the maths easier to prepare for as English can be a bit unpredictable and such a vast vocabulary needs to be covered. For maths we are using the CGP's 10 minutes tests at the moment and I have bought some other exercise books from different publishers. I am struggling to find materials for the English in the same format as the exam so we are just using comprehension texts from private schools' exam papers.

Sarah
Two-at-once

Post by Two-at-once »

When we were researching tutors last year we found most of them offered a mock test and a couple of them hired a hall so it felt more like exam conditions. You may well be able to book a place without being one of their regular students. So it might be worth making a few calls. Our tutor used a past paper which we hadn't looked at before and this helped with identifying any weaker areas to concentrate on in the last few weeks.
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

thanks Two-at-once, :)
kg309

Post by kg309 »

are we allowed to put up on here if we know of mock tests? I know of one in september held at a local primary school (not delivered by them) I can put info up if someone knows who admin are to check?
sendis

Post by sendis »

Hi ladies

Its will depend where you live or how far you can take you children for the mock ? Also its will depend which exam you child will sit CEM or CCSE

I can pm'ed you about some mock exams in Brentwood and Chelmsford.

Let me know if you need more information.
Sarahleah

Post by Sarahleah »

sendis, that would be great, thank you. My DS will sit the CSSE exam and Chelmsford is not too far for us to travel for mocks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now