Highgate School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Masu

Highgate School

Post by Masu »

My son was short-listed for a place, congratulation to all who were offered a place . I would like to ask all members here who got more than one offer for Dc, and they are going to reject Highgate offer for other schools please could you do this as soon as possible possible by calling the school please as the waiting is killing us here on the waiting list hoping for a place.
This is our one and only choice please.
Daogroupie

Re: Highgate School

Post by Daogroupie »

Did you tell the school it was your one and only choice? I suggest you call and write to them today confirming that it is your first choice and you would accept a place immediately if offered one. DG
Masu

Post by Masu »

Anyone turning down Highgate offer please?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Masu I doubt anyone has made decision in the 4 hours since you last asked.

In the meantime DG has kindly given you some helpful advice above which might merit consideration/response?
mad?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Masu, I expect that there will be more movement after National Allocation Day when people can then choose between state schools and independent schools. Also several indies will be looking at deposits etc at that time which will encourage people to give up places.
Masu

Post by Masu »

No, I haven't contacted the school yet as I was waiting for some news before I can do that.
I'm not trying to pressurise anyone here but we are really in a horrible position, sorry.
mad?

Post by mad? »

No need to apologise you are right it is horrible. There will be movement after allocation day but don't wait for news, as you may not get any. Not all offer holders will be on this forum. Be sure that when the time comes they are aware you are a certain bet, and that you are replying to their offer of a wait list position as a courtesy. Good luck.
mad?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Agree with mad and DG. Contact the school asap as a courtesy, to tell them that as you find yourself on the waiting list, you just wanted them to be clear that Highgate is, and has always been, the only school for your son and, as soon as a place was freed up, should you be offered it, you would bite their hands off...or words to similar effect. Hopefully you are high enough up the waiting list that you will get an offer before National Offer Day, but, certainly after that there will be more movement as people are required to respond by certain dates.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Yet another voice here "Please contact the school!". They want to know who to ring when a place comes up. They can also give you some indication of any movement to date. Agree it is horrible - Good Luck!
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

I agree with the others. It must be horrible. My friends daughter has two waiting list places so is in the same boat. There will definitely be movement on the waiting lists so by calling you are confirming that you will accept a place if offered.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now