Kent Age Standardisation

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MrGrimes

Kent Age Standardisation

Post by MrGrimes »

Hi All.

Been keeping an eye on here in preparation for DC's appeal. I've done a search, and found some useful threads, but looking for any specific advice on how the Kent Age Standardisation was applied this year, and whether it is possible to obtain any information on it?

For example - after applying the standardisation, are numbers rounded up or down? And is there any way to check the standardisation was applied correctly or not (which doesnt seem possible unless they reveal how it is applied)?

Thanks.
MrGrimes.
ToadMum

Re: Kent Age Standardisation

Post by ToadMum »

MrGrimes wrote:Hi All.

Been keeping an eye on here in preparation for DC's appeal. I've done a search, and found some useful threads, but looking for any specific advice on how the Kent Age Standardisation was applied this year, and whether it is possible to obtain any information on it?

For example - after applying the standardisation, are numbers rounded up or down? And is there any way to check the standardisation was applied correctly or not (which doesnt seem possible unless they reveal how it is applied)?

Thanks.
MrGrimes.
Have you tried asking the Pupil Services team (or whatever it is called there) at Kent CC?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MrGrimes

Re: Kent Age Standardisation

Post by MrGrimes »

Yes, I have asked the Kent admissions team, but have found this forum usually has more information than they are able to provide :)