private buses to Tiffin

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
conners

private buses to Tiffin

Post by conners »

Hi

Is anyone aware of any private buses to Tiffin Girls school that are organised by the parents that may pass through the Hanwell/Boston Manor/A4 area ?

I know that the 65 bus runs close by but i am just trying to see whether there are any options.

Many thanks in advance.
mad?

Re: private buses to Tiffin

Post by mad? »

I think there is one from Osterley/Norwood Green, but there are a few children from the area you describe who get the bus to Ealing Broadway and then the 65 or E3 then 65. Not for the faint hearted!
mad?
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

There a couple of private mini buses from the Heathrow area and west. Not sure how you would find out which girls use them, perhaps get in touch with the school office.
Bilu

Post by Bilu »

Our DD & DS Tutor organizes the private bus service from Norwood Green/Southall/Heston area. Below is an extract of an email we received last year from our former tutor as DS was due to start at the boys school. However, we elected to put him on the 111 bus from Heston. I gather the service is quite popular. If anyone would like to contact details of the organizer pls PM and i'll send email/contact no etc.. If our DD gets in from WL we may go for this ourselves. In any case you will ultimately contract directly with Ample Travel services.

For Girls:

· Please confirm by email whether you intend to use the minibus from September.
· Check your details on the attached contact list. If there are any gaps or corrections please let me know the relevant details.
· Read the attached agreement between Ample Travel and the parents which contains the rules governing the service.
· See the attached cost calculation per term.
· Please take a note of when fees are due and ensure that they are paid on time as it is quite difficult chasing each individual payment.
· A deposit of £150 is required to be paid to confirm your child’s place on the minibus before the end of this term. Please ensure this is paid asap. The balance for the autumn term of £471 should be paid by 3rd August 2010.
· All payments should be posted directly to Ample Travel at the address shown on the contact list. Cheques should be made payable to “Ample Travel Services”.

For Boys:

· Check your details on the attached contact list. If there are any changes, gaps or corrections please let me know the relevant details.
· As I do not normally organise the boys school minibus, I will pass these details on to Ample Travel who will then contact you directly, regarding costs and required payments.

Bilu
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Regarding Ample Travel, all parents at Tiffin Girls' have received this email today. It's really quite frightening to think that a minibus firm could be charging parents to drive their children to and from school without adequate insurance, licensing or safety considerations.

"Dear Parent,

Today the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA part of the Department for Transport) conducted a spot check on some of the mini buses which provide transport services to and from the school at the beginning and end of the school day for some girls. They found that a mini bus service operated by Ample Travel was found to be in serious breach of current legislation in a number of areas including licensing, insurance and motor vehicle safety and has subsequently been removed from the road. As a result of this action we are writing to inform you that if your daughter is expecting to travel home from school today using Ample Travel services it is likely that a mini bus will not arrive and in any event we strongly recommend that you seek an alternative. The DVSA has informed the school that they are continuing their investigation into the company today and we have no further information on this matter.

Whilst we hope that this is an isolated example we do encourage all parents of girls who use mini bus services for travel to and from school to check with their operator that they comply with current legislation for Public Service Vehicle services (https://www.gov.uk/psv-operator-licences/overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and are safe. All minibus services should be able to provide you with an Operator’s License number and should be able to satisfy any questions you pose to them regarding adequate insurance, vehicle compliance and driver suitability. When making decisions about which travel service to use please ensure that you use reliable sources of information and not rely upon blog or forum reviews."
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Bilu wrote:Our DD & DS Tutor organizes the private bus service from Norwood Green/Southall/Heston area. Below is an extract of an email we received last year from our former tutor as DS was due to start at the boys school. However, we elected to put him on the 111 bus from Heston. I gather the service is quite popular. If anyone would like to contact details of the organizer pls PM and i'll send email/contact no etc.. If our DD gets in from WL we may go for this ourselves. In any case you will ultimately contract directly with Ample Travel services.

For Girls:

· Check your details on the attached contact list. If there are any gaps or corrections please let me know the relevant details.
· Read the attached agreement between Ample Travel and the parents which contains the rules governing the service.
· See the attached cost calculation per term.
· Please take a note of when fees are due and ensure that they are paid on time as it is quite difficult chasing each individual payment.
· A deposit of £150 is required to be paid to confirm your child’s place on the minibus before the end of this term. Please ensure this is paid asap. The balance for the autumn term of £471 should be paid by 3rd August 2010.
· All payments should be posted directly to Ample Travel at the address shown on the contact list. Cheques should be made payable to “Ample Travel Services”.

For Boys:

· Check your details on the attached contact list. If there are any changes, gaps or corrections please let me know the relevant details.
· As I do not normally organise the boys school minibus, I will pass these details on to Ample Travel who will then contact you directly, regarding costs and required payments.

Bilu
So much money, probably increased in the intervening five years, and often from families who could ill-afford it.
Road-worthy vehicles and insurance aren't optional.

Given the above, what are the odds that they paid their taxes to HMRC? Doubtful, would be my guess.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Frightening :roll:
pii

Post by pii »

MUST SEE this is an e-mail from tiffin boys school:

Dear Parent,

Earlier this term Mr Gascoigne wrote to you outlining the checks you should take if you are using one of the private minibus services to transport your son to and from Tiffin School.

Yesterday, The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA - part of the Department for Transport) conducted a spot check on some of these mini buses at The Tiffin Girls’ School. They found that a mini bus service operated by Ample Travel was found to be in serious breach of current legislation in a number of areas including licensing, insurance and motor vehicle safety. It has subsequently been removed from the road. I understand that this company also transports some of our students.

If you use these services, please do check with your operator that they comply with current legislation for Public Service Vehicle services (https://www.gov.uk/psv-operator-licences/overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and are safe.

All minibus services should be able to provide you with an Operator’s License number. They should also be able to satisfy any questions you pose to them regarding adequate insurance, vehicle compliance and driver suitability.

When making decisions about which travel service to use please ensure that you use reliable sources of information and not rely upon blog or forum reviews.

Yours sincerely
Mrs Barrett
Deputy Head
I saw yesterday that there was no Ample travel mini bus on Birkenhead Ave( outside Tiffin boys) to collect the boys from school.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

It appears to have happened again. School has parentmailed that the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency has spotchecked at the school again and immediately stopped 2 minibus operators for serious breaches, happened last year and that minibus company had licence revoked for serious breaches

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... it=minibus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mad?

Post by mad? »

Forgive my stupidity but why on earth do parents send their children to schools they cannot access via public transport? This is London after all, there are a myriad of travel options for any sensible journey.
mad?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now