SCORE FOR OUTSIDE CATCHMENT AREA FOR GRAMMAR SCHOOLS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tian

SCORE FOR OUTSIDE CATCHMENT AREA FOR GRAMMAR SCHOOLS

Post by tian »

Good evening,
I have a query for this too. My son scored 327.73, we are o/c and he applied for the southend high school for boys, second westcliff and third Colchester.
How many chances do you think he has to get one of these 3 schools?
I know that is like guessing but 1st march is coming soon and me and and my son are getting a little nerved. He prefers not to talk about it and for his sake I do as he wish.
Thanks
Barbara
pinkrabbit38

Re: SCORE FOR OUTSIDE CATCHMENT AREA FOR GRAMMAR SCHOOLS

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Two years ago my son scored 332.9, looking at the historical data for Southend and Westcliff we thought we'd definitely get a place. On March 2nd we didn't get any grammar school offered and had a nervous wait until June when he finally got a place off the waiting list. He was 21st on waiting list for Southend and 28th for Westcliff. This was the first year that Southend introduced an extra class and therefore why we gained a place. 2 years on I presume that the lowest score to get into Southend will be lower due to the extra class. Kegs and CRGS also have an extra class which has helped the out of catchment scores for Southend too.
tian

Post by tian »

thank you for your info.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Last year's cut-offs are here. The extra classes were announced in April, hence all the movement.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=41452" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now