Graveney queries

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
getonwithit

Graveney queries

Post by getonwithit »

Hi

Has anyone got their Wandsworth Test results yet? DC scored 258 and I'm trying to gauge if he has chance at getting into Graveney with that score.

Also noticed on the Graveney website that they are accepting an extra form this year. Great that it will increase chance of getting in (there will be 70 instead of 63 selective places),but I'm a bit concerned as it was already a huge intake.

Has anyone got any experience of the school?
getonwithit

Re: Graveney queries

Post by getonwithit »

Oh no, lots of people looking at the post but no posters!

Come on, don't be shy... be lovely to hear from some of you, whether it be about this year's entry or if you have experience of the school.

I got dc's results from Wandsworth council pupils services on 020 8871 7316 (who are happy to give them out) btw.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Sorry I have no experience of this school so have looked but not posted. A good friend's daughter goes there and from what she says I would chew may arm off to have got DDs in. Free, challenges the bright, reasonably diverse. Sadly we are in very much the wrong part of London.
mad?
getonwithit

Post by getonwithit »

Hi Mad?

That's great info, thanks. Fingers crossed for dc then.
Doubledutch

Post by Doubledutch »

I looked at your post, but didn't reply because I felt that all that can be said is pure speculation. Your DC's score is impressive! My boy scored 237, which I suspect will put him just below the cut-off score, as the last few years that seemed to be between 240 and 245.
I would therefore think you have absolutely no worries. We are hoping for a grammar school place, as he passed them all, but even then you never know... Graveney was our plan B.
Graveney is excellent, and, even if there are 70 kids with a higher score, there will be quite a few who will be going to the grammars, allowing lower scorers in, even on the waiting list. But, as I said, with your score, I would think you will be fine. Bolingbroke is nice enough, but, with no Sixth Form yet, it seems a little scary if you child is very academic.
getonwithit

Post by getonwithit »

Hi Doubledutch

I know what you mean. Though in past years people have posted their score and it became clear what marks seemed high, average or low. Still speculative but a rough guide none the less.

Your ds has done so well passing the grammar school exams. It's a much more comprehensive test than just reasoning test and so early too. DS was nowhere near at the right place to sit the test for grammars then.

Bolingbroke does scare me a bit, I must admit. I loved parts of it but it did seem a little inexperienced and naive in others.

Best of luck to you and your ds.
NiksMum

Post by NiksMum »

Thanks for posting 'getonwithit' - I thought that we get the Wandsworth test results on 2nd March. I rang up and found out that my DS got 236. So well done to your DC - that's a very impressive score, I would think that they definitely stand a strong chance to get into Graveney.

I'm in exactly the same situation as Doubledutch, so eagerly awaiting 1st of March to see if DS got the grammar school of his choice...

Fingers crossed we all get our 1st choices!
getonwithit

Post by getonwithit »

Thanks Niksmum

Starting to wish we'd gone in for the grammars!

Well done your ds and wishing you all the best on the 1st.
Nikita76

Post by Nikita76 »

Hi, I wasn't even aware that the schools let you know what their score is. I think I also might ring the school tomorrow
getonwithit

Post by getonwithit »

It's Wandsworth Council you'll need to contact rather than the school. Their number is in my previous post. Good luck.