ONLY 2 WEEKS TOMORROW!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tryingtostaycalm

ONLY 2 WEEKS TOMORROW!!

Post by tryingtostaycalm »

Finally R's school have officially informed us that the "Secondary Allocation Letters" will be posted out on Monday March 3rd (as if we didn't know already!) Oh dear, seeing it in black and white makes it all very real. Being a sleep talker I was apparently instructing my husband to chase after the postman last night. Can't imagine what I meant by that! Crossing everything for you all! :?
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Indeed the end is nigh!
As for your sleeptalking it's a good job you don't sleepwalk! You would then take to the streets in your nightie no doubt muttering "Give me the results now......11 plus....... etc, etc"
Good luck tryingtostaycalm. :)
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hello Wirral

I can't believe its 2 weeks since I posted that it was 2 weeks to go,so the next 2 should wizz over,Granparents now asking what we are going to do celebrate pass ,so told them not to mention again untill the day!!

Won't be able to go out anyway as West Kirby,in their wisdom ,have Year 9 options evening on March 4th!! So what with that and parents evening the week after ,both kids are keeping me worrying overtime! DD also infomed me her sat mock results are due this week too!

They really do know how to keep a mother busy,

Hope you're all well, good luck to everyone
soon be all over :lol:

Pensby
mumster

Post by mumster »

Not quite sleeptalking about 11+ but having dreams (or nightmares) about results - dreamt I was taking my 11+ the other night - woke in a cold sweat! I imagine as it draws ever closer they will become more frequent!!!
:shock:
HopefulDen

Opening the letter

Post by HopefulDen »

Does anyone else keep imagining themselves opening the letter and their own reaction to the two possible scenarios or is it just me??? I am willing myself not tho think about it anymore but the kids in Sam's class have all started talking about it again. he keeps asking me if I think he's gong to pass which puts me on the spot of trying to be postive and keep him confident but also trying to prepare him if it's bad news...
Denise J
mumster

Post by mumster »

I know it might seem awful but I'm thinking of the worst possible scenario and that our third choice becomes reality - bypassing the two 11+ schools. I keep trying to prepare myself for that news and like HopefulDen am imagining opening the envelope!
:?
SPUD

Post by SPUD »

Reading all of your posts takes me back to this time last year, and how the time has gone sooooo fast!

My advice, for what its worth, dont panic if its not a pass. My son didn't reach the required standard but was accepted on appeal....there is always light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck everyone, bet the postmen/womwn of Wirral will be getting hassled as soon as they set foot on the path!
Sue
tryingtostaycalm

Post by tryingtostaycalm »

Hi everyone from "tryingtostaycalm" and not succeeding!

I never thought anything could occupy my every waking moment as these flaming results are! Like Mumster I am imagining every possible scenario and we are also trying to decide at the moment what to do with poor R! Do we send him to school, knowing the postman never arrives before 10 or do we keep him off until the results have come? How can we expect him to sit in school all day knowing we have the envelope at home! What have past parents done? Twelve more sleeps (or nights dreaming of postmen!)
SPUD

Post by SPUD »

I sent my little fella in. I was in work, i drove home at lunchtime to get the news (in our case bad). M had always maintained he didn't care if he didn't pass because all his mates were going to Ridgeway. But when i told him after school he was gutted - that is what promted our appeal. So glad we did.

Nearly there now, but i know what you mean - its like you live and breate it waiting for that letter to arrive is ****!!!
Sue
Wallasey

Post by Wallasey »

DS said some parents went down to the school at lunchtime to give results to their children through the railings.