Adams and TTS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tvgirl

Adams and TTS

Post by tvgirl »

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted as I have been trying really hard not to think about the whole school admissions thing but as it draws closer that's becoming almost impossible!

So... The latest thing that has got me worrying is that someone said to me you can't get offers from both Adams and TTS and that if TS offer a place then you won't get one anywhere else. Is that right???? How would they know that was your first choice??

These sleepless nights are doing my head in!!!

Hope you're all coping better than me!

Thanks
Wolves mum

Re: Adams and TTS

Post by Wolves mum »

You do receive offers from both (if successful). the letter from TT is completely separate from the letter/email from the LA.

If you get both you are very lucky!
Thumbsup

Post by Thumbsup »

And remember, from TTS if you get a ....
Small envelope= unlucky ... and a big envelope= Good news!!

Tvgirl .... I don't think that info is true,(at least I very much hope it is not!) I've heard in the past, that some people choose to give up a place at AGS and opt for TTS and vice versa. How true this is, I'm unsure.
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

There is no explanation in any of the admission documents that I can find of any dovetailing together of the two application processes.

Anecdotally from this forum there appear to be examples of individuals receiving two sets of offers one from TT and one from a grammar school. :)

To assume that someone would automatically choose TT above a grammar school for their DC would be very odd and any such 'default mechanism' would surely require some explanation by both TT and the relevant LEA early on in the application stage?

I am very hopeful that TV girl has been misinformed as my DS has applied to both TT and AGS but AGS is our firm choice of the two (in the happy event that there be any choice in the matter!).
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

As far as I am aware (also having applied to AGS and TT) the TT application is totally separate to your LA applications and neither know of each other.

If you have and offer off TT you will also have an offer through you LA.
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

This sounds sensible to me Wolvesparent, but there is some suggestion from earlier threads on this forum that there is possibly some communication between the two (see the entry from 'panicked mum'), albeit that grammar schools may be treated slightly differently:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 9&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Yes you can definitely get 2 offers. I know a few people who had to choose between their 1st choice LA CAF form school and TT.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

I know in the past parents have taken AG as a second choice because they didn't get TT. There are pros and cons to both. Some parents like the new feel of TT and the free buses and some want a Grammar school and are not interested in the facilities at TT and are willing to pay for school transport.
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

Thanks guys. I thought I had heard of people getting offers from both (not that right now I believe there'll even be an offer from one!!) but someone said to me that if TTS offers a place you get a letter from the council saying no place has been allocated as it had been allocated elsewhere!

Roll on Tuesday...!
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

I had an offer from AG and a small envelope from TTS saying no place offered but details of how to get on waiting list.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now