Test administration

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T0tleybrook

Test administration

Post by T0tleybrook »

Hi all,
Sorry if this has already been answered - 11+ newbie mummy.
Does anyone know if both tests are administered over a 2hour + block or if they get a break in between?
Many thanks :D
moved

Re: Test administration

Post by moved »

Short break
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

moved wrote:Short break
If you are sitting at SHSB you would woolly get squash / water and a biscuit in the break, courtesy of the PA.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Colchs also supply a snack, I think all schools do
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ToadMum wrote:
moved wrote:Short break
If you are sitting at SHSB you would woolly get squash / water and a biscuit in the break, courtesy of the PA.
Oops! Just reread that. They don't actually provide sheep as well. Or, I'm afraid, sweaters, either :lol: . The school is well-heated, but best take one just in case.

Sweater, not sheep...

Good luck, anyway, wherever you choose :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

Thanks. KEGS is closest to us so will be applying to go there. Does the break allow them to use the loo, if required?
SlighlyStressedMum

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

My son sat it at Kegs. Definitely drink and biscuits in the break and sure he said they could go to the loo too.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Hi,

I have helped out at the KEGS exam day for the past few years. They get juice ( blackcurrent or orange ) or water, biscuits and a chance to let off steam, a couple of years ago as it was a hot afternoon they even had a quick dash around the field.

Do encourage visiting the loo in the break a very suprising number trek out during the exam.
Colcmum

Post by Colcmum »

Yes to going to the loo. We told DD to go as soon as she got out of test 1, and she still had to wait a few minutes in a queue (obviously lots of other children who had been told the same thing :D ). She said there were quite a few children who went after their drink/biscuit who almost didn't make it back to the test room in time because of the queue. Some got quite flustered at the thought of missing the test. :(
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now