Slough School March 2016 Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Slough School March 2016 Allocations

Post by Tinkers »

It's just over a week until Allocations day.

I'm starting a thread for you to post your results.

I hope you all get what you were hoping for, but please be sensitive and understand not everyone will have been fortunate to get the place they really wanted.

Since I'm from the Reading end of Berkshire I'm not very familiar with what happens in Slough, so if anyone has any further info please let me know and I will add it here. (Kendrick and Reading schools usually publish further info and a FAQ on their website)
Osho

Re: Slough School March 2016 Allocations

Post by Osho »

hello everyone,
I have got few questions , i would be thankful if anyone could shed some light :
1. The allocations are on 1st March. Does it mean i can log on to eadmissions site and check the outcome on 29th feb midnight afterwards?
2. Does the school send a notification by email as well?
3. What to do if we dont get the school of our first choice due to any reason, but how to go on waiting list for that school ?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Osho wrote:hello everyone,
I have got few questions , i would be thankful if anyone could shed some light :
1. The allocations are on 1st March. Does it mean i can log on to eadmissions site and check the outcome on 29th feb midnight afterwards?
2. Does the school send a notification by email as well?
3. What to do if we dont get the school of our first choice due to any reason, but how to go on waiting list for that school ?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.
On 1st March, it is your own LEA which will inform you as to which school you have been allocated, so how this is done will depend on where you live. Have a look at their website; some authorities allow you to look at your allocations at midnight, others at 8am, others not until later in the day. The same with the email from the LEA. If you applied by post, you may have to wait for a letter. The allocated school will also contact you at some point, assuming that you accept your offer / do not decline it (depending on your home LEA's rules). With some LEAs, you are automatically put on the waiting list for your higher preferences, with others you have to confirm that this is what you want to do.

Unless you have an indie place to take up, or you want to home school, do not turn down the school you are offered, even if it's not you first choice, as you may find your child has no school to go to come September.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Osho

Post by Osho »

Thanks a Lot ToadMum for the information provided. Really appreciated.
Osho

Post by Osho »

Good day Everyone,
Please put forth any ideas or comments as to the cutoff marks on allocations for different grammars school in slough. The previous year allocation trends seem to be not valid for this year as the marks scored this year, compared to the last, are far less. Moreover , Langley grammar introducing Local and General admission area, has reduced the chances for many.
Your comments will be highly appreciated.
Newbie121

Post by Newbie121 »

Osho wrote:Good day Everyone,
Please put forth any ideas or comments as to the cutoff marks on allocations for different grammars school in slough. The previous year allocation trends seem to be not valid for this year as the marks scored this year, compared to the last, are far less. Moreover , Langley grammar introducing Local and General admission area, has reduced the chances for many.
Your comments will be highly appreciated.
Why do you say that the marks are lower this year? How can we find out the marks?

Thanks.
Osho

Post by Osho »

good day Newbie121,
The average standarised score range for year(2015)is 69-136, and for the previous year 2014 was 29-165.
Thanks

i
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Slough used a different method for standardisation last year, giving a bigger range of scores. Given they want a similar % to "pass" then I'm not sure how much the cut off will alter. This year they seem to have gone back to the sort of standardisation we expect from most schools.

We will all find out on Tuesday. Not long to go.
hel_tcw

Post by hel_tcw »

I've just checked Slough borough council's website - it says "dp will be notified of the outcome by email after 1pm on 1st March 2016....."

The waiting is gonna kill me lol.

Good luck to all the dc (and dp) tomorrow!
Corioboria

Post by Corioboria »

In Staines we have to wait until "the evening" of 1st March, although traditionally this has been 5pm. So I will be on here tomorrow looking at everyone else's marks for confirmation.....and to keep myself busy until evening

Good luck everyone