Travel from Dartford/Bexley to St Olaves

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vinitasurya

Travel from Dartford/Bexley to St Olaves

Post by vinitasurya »

DS got offered St Olaves and we are really pleased. Now need to start thinking of travel to the school. We live on the Dartford - Bexley border. Would anyone know of any coach services that operate on this route?

Thanks in advance
scary mum

Re: Travel from Dartford/Bexley to St Olaves

Post by scary mum »

I don't know the area so have no idea about the journey, but I have to ask - didn't you work all this out before applying?
scary mum
vinitasurya

Post by vinitasurya »

We do know about the public transport options which we considered before applying. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with the private coaches
angelface

Post by angelface »

DS also got into St Olaves and also his best friend. We also know 2 other boys that got in and we are thinking of getting a private coach to transport the boys to and from school. We are also based in Dartford. The more boys to transport the cheaper it will be.
Failing that, then it will have to be the 477 bus route from Dartford to Orpington!
narenvu

Post by narenvu »

Hi all,

Our son has also got into St Olaves starting this Sep and we live in Gravesend. I have checked with few private coaches and taxies but haven't found anything that runs from this area including Dartford.

Good to know there are other parents going from Dartford area.

I am already in discussion with a taxi service who are willing to start school run from Gravesend / Northfleet/ Longfield area to St Olaves every day. However I am yet to receive a quote from them which I hope to get in the next few days. As the lady has a 8 seater we could have up to 8 kids and I am hoping this will be worthwhile and affordable for all parents.

I have already discussed with few parents in Gravesend who are willing to share but we could agree a common ground/place to travel. Happy to discuss further if people are interested. Please let me know via email address removed by moderator. Please contact by PM.

Many thanks
Naren
doodles

Post by doodles »

Narenvu, it looks as if you can do the journey from Gravesend to Orpington by train changing at Hither Green. Have a look at national rail enquiries. May be of use if you do get your car share off the ground.
memphis

Post by memphis »

scary mum wrote:I don't know the area so have no idea about the journey, but I have to ask - didn't you work all this out before applying?
scary mum wrote:I don't know the area so have no idea about the journey, but I have to ask - didn't you work all this out before applying?
:D
memphis

Post by memphis »

memphis wrote:
:lol:
Jiffreturns

Post by Jiffreturns »

If you have not already done so, it might be worth checking with the school. When my DS were there a few years ago there used to be coaches picking up from a few areas.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

If you haven't already found it Lewis Coaches go to St Olaves (and Newstead) but don't know where from: http://www.lewiscoaches.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;