Bob1892= This seems five minutes ago - I'd gone AWOL

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Petitpois

Bob1892= This seems five minutes ago - I'd gone AWOL

Post by Petitpois »

I'd chased the postie down the street, then gone missing for half an hour. Someone called Ironman1 had got up tight but I can't remember why!
Bob1892 wrote:defcon 1-5 - where do we stand? :shock:
Petitpois wrote: Okay had to re-read the letter, check the start of this thread and get my head round things. I was hoping for a KE scrape and I think that's what we have achieved.

WSC 360 : KE 223 Non PP

Overall I am not sure it that bad an overall outcome, although I am inwardly a little disappointed, that we did not get nearer the 230. Do you think were okay for Handsworth? Not champagne but by no means a disaster. Ironman1 - Karma
Bob1892 wrote: Come on pp- brilliant news - your dd did absolutely great.
Handsworth in the bag- remember what I said about the school.
I'll pm you in a bit. Gaffers on my case!
quasimodo

Re: Bob1892= This seems five minutes ago - I'd gone AWOL

Post by quasimodo »

PP what a 24 hours its been all the way up the wolverhampton road and back, to some sanity and a managable commute.I am betting you will get a call next week with the offer of a place.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

All the way from defcon 1 to defcon 5 - fade out - normal readiness resumes.
Told your dd had done it.
You can trade in that rover for a merc now plus you put that wray and nephew and start on the champers.
You still owe me and MSD a drink or two at the plough remember!
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

That's a brilliant recollection / idea Bob.

Quasimodo - too true, and boy have I been up and down that A4123 a bit in my time.

DD was doing the grammar school dance upstairs, garden pea came down and did it in the front room. I tried not to take too much notice as 3 11+ campaign is beyond PP and the rover 420 ain't big enough anyway!!!!!! :lol:

Exhausted anyway

PP
Wolczr

Post by Wolczr »

While I've got you all in one place, Bob and PP, can I just say a heartfelt thank you? I don't know who you are, but I want to let you know that you perform a very valuable function helping people get through an arcane system that is characterised by more unknowns than knowns. For a first timer, this was a potential quagmire. Yet, the continuous well informed flow of information from yourselves has turned what could have a truly unpleasant experience into a rather enthraling journey, made all the more satisfying by a pleasant conclusion for my daughter. So, thank you. And see you again in 2019!!!
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

Wolczr wrote:While I've got you all in one place, Bob and PP, can I just say a heartfelt thank you? I don't know who you are, but I want to let you know that you perform a very valuable function helping people get through an arcane system that is characterised by more unknowns than knowns. For a first timer, this was a potential quagmire. Yet, the continuous well informed flow of information from yourselves has turned what could have a truly unpleasant experience into a rather enthraling journey, made all the more satisfying by a pleasant conclusion for my daughter. So, thank you. And see you again in 2019!!!
Hear, hear!! :) :)
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Its been a blast :lol:
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Wolczr wrote:While I've got you all in one place, Bob and PP, can I just say a heartfelt thank you? I don't know who you are, but I want to let you know that you perform a very valuable function helping people get through an arcane system that is characterised by more unknowns than knowns. For a first timer, this was a potential quagmire. Yet, the continuous well informed flow of information from yourselves has turned what could have a truly unpleasant experience into a rather enthraling journey, made all the more satisfying by a pleasant conclusion for my daughter. So, thank you. And see you again in 2019!!!
I totally agree! Bob, PP and many others on this forum nervousmon, Quasimodo, kenyancowgirl and the list of names is endless........thank you once again

I also found the Warks forum so very helpful, similar overwhelming support.
imranb

Post by imranb »

+1
inspired

Post by inspired »

+1

Bob, Petitpois MSD Quasimodo, nervousmom and the others......you guys are all stars. The 11+ journey seemed scary when I first embarked on it but thanks to your invaluable contributions and advice I feel more informed and it's starting to feel like a pleasant journey.