Langley Grammar 2016 allocations......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesapphire

Langley Grammar 2016 allocations......

Post by bluesapphire »

Hi, Can the lucky ones pls post the offers made by langley grammar school? And with what score? Thanks in advance!
bluesapphire

Re: Langley Grammar 2016 allocations......

Post by bluesapphire »

Hi, DC didn't get into Langley Grammar which was my first choice, called the school today to ask what was the lowest score that admission was offered at and they said 120+ so I m eager to know the range of scores on which people were offered admission, can everyone pls share the scores? Thanks a ton!
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Daft question, but is that "120+" quote just for candidates living in the General Admission Area? I thought that from this year, "local admission" candidates would get a place if they got over 111? Because if that's the case, and there's no maximum number of local candidates, you'd expect it to push up the score required for the non local LGS applicants.

Good luck to all those waiting for their allocations.
bluesapphire

Post by bluesapphire »

Exactly my question! I didn't believe it a bit tbh and that's why I want to actually find out what's the truth?
Aethel wrote:Daft question, but is that "120+" quote just for candidates living in the General Admission Area? I thought that from this year, "local admission" candidates would get a place if they got over 111? Because if that's the case, and there's no maximum number of local candidates, you'd expect it to push up the score required for the non local LGS applicants.

Good luck to all those waiting for their allocations.
Osho

Post by Osho »

hi,
we had langley as our first preference and Herschel as our second. My son had 122 score and we were in general admission area for Langley. We got Herschel. We have accepted the offer and are happy.
In nutshell, whatever happens , happens for good.
bluesapphire

Post by bluesapphire »

Hey Thanks so much Osho, so she was right after all!
sooperdad

Post by sooperdad »

We live in the local admission area and our son got offered a place at Langley Grammar with a score of 118. It was our first choice and we are obviously relieved. Had we not been in the local admission area, we would not have been offered a place.
asky

Post by asky »

Langley Grammar School has been heavily oversubscribed for the September 2016 entry and the initial offer of places has been made to all eligible candidates in the Local Admissions Area and those in the General Admissions Area achieving an average score of 125 and above, and to those scoring 124 and living closest to the school. Remaining candidates with marks of 124 to 111 inclusive have been placed on the waiting list.
2015_11_plus

Post by 2015_11_plus »

There is some confusion here ... Did Langley have a quota for the local area? The official response says 124 and below in waiting list but 118 has been offered a place from local area?
asky

Post by asky »

yes they do

-Local area not sure
-general area 125
Last edited by asky on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now