appeal for place at st clem danes

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thefirs

appeal for place at st clem danes

Post by thefirs »

So the statistics of appeals for a place at st clement danes are looking very poor, with 0 getting through last year. My child is dyslexic, only diagnosed in summer 2015 therefore i couldnt submit this info before the exam as the deadline has passed and i was told it was too late. He is about 10 marks off the lowest scoare, we are out of area, is there literally any point in appealing to st clem over this dyslexia clause ??
Mgnmum

Re: appeal for place at st clem danes

Post by Mgnmum »

For an appeal to work ( by my understanding) you have to prove 1 of 2 things:
either they did not follow the admission rules correctly ( or administer the exam correctly)
or the school you were given can not provide the required education your child needs and the school you want can. So in what way does the current allocated school not provide for a child with dyslexia and how will clement danes do this differently

appeals have worked in the past but for very specific issues, unfortunately dyslexia is not uncommon so most schools should have things in place to provide for children with it,
but you have nothing to lose by appealing except time and stress involved, so it is up to you.
thefirs

Post by thefirs »

thank you for this info mgnmum, ok so the appeal process is not as i thought
mad?

Post by mad? »

Hello and sorry for your situation.

If you read the Q & A

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you will find this answers many of your questions. There are also examples of appeals in the appeals section where the situation has not been dissimilar to your, so I would suggest searching on those and then seeing what else you need to know at that point? Good luck.
mad?