Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
samk

Waiting List

Post by samk »

If you haven't been offered your first choice grammar, how do you apply for the waiting list? Is your name put on automatically or do you have to call the school and ask to be put on.
Thanks!
tiffinboys

Re: Waiting List

Post by tiffinboys »

Your dc name should be automatically on the wait list of all the higher preference schools, than the one allocated.
negs

Post by negs »

Hi,

If we get a lower preference grammer school will the higher preference schools in the common application form write to us about the child score / ranking / pass mark at which last admission was made etc

Tiffin boys gives this information but how about Wilsons/Sutton grammer / Wallington ?

If any Wilsons/Sutton Grammer /Wallington staff are on the board can you please let us know the procedures that you follow.

It seems strange that if a school passes a kid after second stage tests and then do not make an offer there is no information provided. Very frustrating for the kid / parent to know what actually happened.

Thanks
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

@negs: have you received the letters from the schools? If your dc is offered lower ranked school, the higher ranked schools would give you wait list information in next few days.
sammyp

Post by sammyp »

tiffinboys wrote:@negs: have you received the letters from the schools? If your dc is offered lower ranked school, the higher ranked schools would give you wait list information in next few days.
I just called Wallington Boys and they said such information could only be given after 15th March when deadline for accepting offers expires. St Olave's didn't give direct information but told that it looks unlikely that DS will get place because of his marks.
negs

Post by negs »

yaa that's what I was wanting to know -

will the higher preference schools send letters to kids not offered a place but passed their tests (Wilsons, SGS, Wallington Boys) ?
and what kind of information the letter may contain (their score, last score at which admission was given, waiting list number etc)

Thanks
negs

Post by negs »

Does anybody know if the letters have already been sent from the schools ?

Anybody received them ?

Cheers
Doubledutch

Post by Doubledutch »

Our "offer"letter from WCGS has just arrived, as well as one from SGS suggesting that, should we change our mind, they would be happy to put DS on their waiting list. I understand from previous postings that that is quite standard for boys with good results who put another school higher on their preference list.
fifi kaan

Post by fifi kaan »

My DS didn't get Wilson's we got our second choice wallington grammar
DS is feeling upset and disappointed his heart was set on Wilson's
Myself very surprised he didn't get Wilson's given the fact he passed top independent schools some offered scholarship.
Anxiously waiting for Wilson's letter to come through I wonder if they will mention the rank order on the waiting list

Anyone has idea from previous experience if Wilson's would give out the rank order in the waiting list?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I don't think they do because it changes so frequently. There is often movement for many weeks yet.