dartford girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sobz70

dartford girls

Post by sobz70 »

Anyone have an idea about Dartford grammar for girls? The cut off for OOC and in Kent and Parishes as well.
Thank you.
salsa

Re: dartford girls

Post by salsa »

Your best bet is to email Kent Admissions. They responded quite quickly.
Seraphine

Post by Seraphine »

OOB was 363. I don't know about parishes.
ppsmum

Post by ppsmum »

dd got 348. living next door to dartford girls grammar. she didnt get in any grammar school..(dartford girls, wilmington or mayfield). any hope from second round of allocations?
salsa

Post by salsa »

ppsmum wrote:dd got 348. living next door to dartford girls grammar. she didnt get in any grammar school..(dartford girls, wilmington or mayfield). any hope from second round of allocations?
I'm sorry to hear that. Especially if you live next door to the school! Do you know what the cut off for in area is?
Would Admissions or the schools be able to tell you the cut off from previous years?
Good luck.
Blametheparents

Post by Blametheparents »

dd got 348. living next door to dartford girls grammar. she didnt get in any grammar school..(dartford girls, wilmington or mayfield). any hope from second round of allocations?
Wonder what happened? If your DD was deemed 'selective' then she should have got one of those schools - you are 'in parish' for Dartford Girls, and should be ok for Wilmington or Mayfield.
Or, did she get 348, but miss out on one paper?

Good luck with the appeal route.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I have posted on another thread about the SIFs - were these submitted correctly? I sent mine by email to Dartford but they wanted it in hardcopy so I hand delivered to the school. Wilmington also need a SIF. Sure you must have done things right but it does seem a mystery that you are on the doorstep and didn't qualify. Regarding the comment above about the score I also know someone on 350 who wasn't deemed selective and failed on one of the papers by 6 points.

Also did you move into the area after the submission of SIFs but before the early December new address deadline? The authorities may have got their data mixed up perhaps? I hope it is just an admin oversight and can be easily sorted. As someone else has said Kent Admissons will shed some light on the issue.
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

Got a reply now from Kent admissions!

Hello,

Dartford Grammar Girls were offering 160 places this year, these are based on Kent test scores. For in area the last place offered got a score of 333, and for out of area the last place offered was a score of 363.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

ppsmum seeing sobz reply it holds out hope for you. Have you found out why you didn't get Dartford? Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. X
ppsmum

Post by ppsmum »

Hi PettswoodFiona, thanks very much for the input. Talked to the council they are looking into it...the SIF is a form about siblings, right? I was told this is needed only of therea is sibling in school?