Adams Grammar score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Livvybea

Adams Grammar score

Post by Livvybea »

I'd like to know whether anyone has requested their Adams score under data protection/freedom of information seeing as they have taken the decision not to disclose them this year.
Although my DS has successfully gained a place we would still like to find out how he fared particularly as our second DC will be going through the process next year and we can gauge how much prep will be needed depending on whether our DS was a comfortable pass or on the verge.
Plus after the amount of effort these children have put in they at least deserve to know their score!
Thanks
MSD

Re: Adams Grammar score

Post by MSD »

I thought they were obliged to share the information within 40 days of Data Protection Request. We received it back successfully from both KE foundation and QM Walsall. What reasons have they given for not disclosing the information?
Livvybea

Post by Livvybea »

Hi MSD,
Adams have said that they have found in the past that divulging the scores has been the topic of conversation on the playground when the boys start school and it can lead to unfair comparisons (i.e. between PP/looked after children and non PP children). I do understand their logic, however there will still be boys who do know their score as if they had also ticked Walsall Grammar School as an option on their original application they will have been notified as WGS (and every other grammar school in the region as far as I'm aware) informs of the boys score. Had we known this at the time we would have ticked WGS aswell!
I haven't made a request to the school under data protection as yet but wondered if anyone else had done so.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Doesn't really make any sense to me that they are part of the same consortium, but have different policies on reporting scores to parents. I am sure, if you formally asked under Data Protection, they will give you the details required. I don't really buy into the logic of knowing scores leads into unfair comparisons. I think we must celebrate achievement in all fields, including education, and every parent has the right to know how exactly their child performed, after years of hard work, rather than just getting a pass or fail.
Livvybea

Post by Livvybea »

Fully agree :D
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

This isn't there policy. They must process data in accordance with the law. They may charge you to provide the data, but they cannot refuse a subject access request. When I did it at MSD, suggestion last year they imposed conditions which i promptly agreed to. Charles was a nice chap, v helpful
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

I think there is some strange desire on behalf of AGS to be rather secretive and I suspect it is bound up with the changes to the admissions policy. The playground conversations excuse sounds like a red herring to me. It would be much better if the school was entirely transparent ... good luck Livybea with your data protection/freedom of information request.
carolineburns

Post by carolineburns »

I only ticked AGS so initially did not know my DS score. I sent a request off to the CEM board with a data access request form along with ID and a £10 fee. They sent the info back within 30 days. my reason for doing this was incase of any hiccups with the allocation. If you didn't know the score than you wouldn't know if you missed your place because your score was low, or maybe perhaps an oversight, which I know can happen. Eg , if someone with a lower score than you gets in then you know there was an error. Without knowing the score , you would just have accepted that they didn't attain a high enough score.m
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now